Phantom 3 pro range issues

Reaction score
hi all im new here. i have a phantom 3 pro and it wont seem to go more than 400m before loosing signal and getting signal loss message i thought it was because i was in london (in an open field) i am now in zanzibar and the same thing happens on the beach line of sight . any help would be great as i thought this was meant to go 1500m at least. and yes i have tried the aerials in a v and straight up makes no difference.

hi all im new here. i have a phantom 3 pro and it wont seem to go more than 400m before loosing signal and getting signal loss message.
Here's a little more info on antenna orientation
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i have put the aeriels the way it tells me to up and so the flat surface faces towartds the drone i have tried straight and in a v but n difference

I am having the same problem. I cant go over 4,000 ft. I have in staled the DBS mod, and no change, the same distance.

I had that problem just yesterday on a p3 that 2 weeks ago went 6.5 miles. Out of nowhere got "no signal" error at 4000' last night dropped down one firmware then back up recalibrated everything, erase the app reinstalled the app. Today flew no problems 4 miles solid signal

( just to be clear I got the no signal error message three different flights in a row none of them could make it past 5000 feet.

I had that problem just yesterday on a p3 that 2 weeks ago went 6.5 miles. Out of nowhere got "no signal" error at 4000' last night dropped down one firmware then back up recalibrated everything, erase the app reinstalled the app. Today flew no problems 4 miles solid signal

( just to be clear I got the no signal error message three different flights in a row none of them could make it past 5000 feet.

What firmware did you have the range issue with?! My P3P is not getting more than 4000 feet??? Whats up with that?

Have you checked the setting and you dont have flight restrictions enabled ?

Also wondering what firmware they are flying on their bird.

I have not updated to the latest 1.9.60. I am currently sticking with 1.8.80.

Have you checked the setting and you dont have flight restrictions enabled ?
wen you have the distance limit active a message appears in the screen an the voice will tell you that the distance limit has reached ... not signal lost

I too have a short range issue on my p3p. I get a 1000 ft out at 200 altitude and loss of signal or weak control warning. I am on 1.9.60.

Please help us all with the specifics on the firmware, I had the same problem last weekend at around 1,650 feet distance / 280 feet altitude.

Not that this helps you guys much. But my advanced is running 1.9.60 and I got 20k feet over the water in NYC.
So it may not be the firmware.

1.4 here and after hibernation ( no flying for 3 months ) took it to 5 km( my best ) to test battery an controller range and there was no difference :)

Btw why you guys keep updating firmwares ? And always coming up with new problems ? If you're having drifting, its flying sideways, flying upsidedown, falling from the sky problems it means its a hardware problem ( slightly bent propellers, bad imu calibration, not understanding what makes a compass fail, flying on auto discharged battery, or the whole thing needs replacement )

Piece of advice: never update firmware beyond 1.4 ( it was the firmware with the best features and every fw that came after it started to cripple the drone a bit by bit to the point of crippling or frying on board electornics imo and my experience )

In other words the p3 was perfect to begin with, best long range in its class and very dependable and capable but only lacked some automated modes that got introduced in 1.4, i kept updating till 1.6 and then i saw how thier strategy was going with cutting max alt, autonomous missions range on litchi getting less and less etc. So reverted back to 1.4 and stayed there.

I will understand updating if a new firmware will bring new features such as ( magical object avoidance , object tracking etc)

But to fix an extisting hardware issue with your platform with a fw update its ( usually pointless and will introduce more trouble )

Anyways each to his own

Note : everything i said in my post only reflects my experience, opinions and my findings on this forum.

Happy flying everyone :)

I have NEVER udated my firmware and I get 15000 feet range before I have to return due to low battery.
I can live with my tilted gimbal lol.

Exactly what am talking about, 5km with severe stuttering live view, 4.5km with almost ok live view. Oh well the titlted gimbal shows smtimes but rarely ( much much more often on my OSMO with the latest fw, but there is a trick to fix that ;)

Btw what fw and rc are you ?am on fw 1.4 and gl300a rc.

I had a 300A which gave me 10500' range. The USB port suddenly stopped working no warning at all. I swapped it out for a 300B and saw an immediate increase in rage to 15000 feet plus.

Firmware I think is 1.19

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31