Phantom 3 Pro Plastic Dipped in Stealth Black

Fly it at noon in the Arizona sun on a clear day. Measure the inside temperature of the bird, and compare it to a white bird under the same flight conditions. At least check your maximum battery temperatures on a hot summer day using Healthy Drones website. Just thought I would mention that in case some pilots were thinking of a black bird in Arizona. We really can cook eggs on the sidewalk in the summer. Ha Ha
I brought that point earlier but was told the prop air overcomes all.....but I am a bit dubious there is no difference at all.

Do they let you fly while the hot air balloons are up? That would be so cool.

Balloon park becomes a NFZ for the event, but since the balloons travel outside that area, there are places you can fly a drone. Also, all the rest of the year they still launch here so balloons can be shot just about all year, but not in the quantities there are during festival.

Patrick, do you know if
there's a no fly zone during the balloon fiesta, but I've gotten some shots of near flying hot air balloons

Patrick, do you know if the other balloon festivals around the state also have a NFZ during their events?

Do they let you fly while the hot air balloons are up? That would be so cool.

its hard to get good shots of them without getting closer, this is what it looks like from just outside of the NFZ

c1c1cb51-559f-4180-8c1c-c9e5fd075e65.jpeg@!1200

I plasti dipped my car about 2 years ago. Will dip it to a different color this spring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457673134.544202.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmm....typically anything you want cooler vs. hotter is a light color for a reason. Yes, I understand virtually all of the cooling is from the props
True, but that only applies to infa red/light absorbtion.

Nice. Looks sharp.

View attachment 46581 View attachment 46494 View attachment 46483 Just got my Phantom 3 Pro back from being plastic coated which is extremely durable and looks factory. The quality is amazing! Im so excited.. I love the Phantom except to me the cheap white plastic looks devalues the product. The process they used is a patented process where it is coated with a less than .05mm coat of actual plastic.. It does not affect weight and it very durable. I ordered it in "Stealth Black"[GALLERY]

Balloons routinely fly outside the NFR so they would theoretically be available to shoot. Albuquerque has what is called the "box". If they raise up high enough, the winds can take them north, and then drop down and let the cooler valley air bring them back south. Not long ago two of the balloons landed right on my cul-de-sac. If they can land in my front yard, I feel free to drone them :)

View attachment 46581 View attachment 46494 View attachment 46483 Just got my Phantom 3 Pro back from being plastic coated which is extremely durable and looks factory. The quality is amazing! Im so excited.. I love the Phantom except to me the cheap white plastic looks devalues the product. The process they used is a patented process where it is coated with a less than .05mm coat of actual plastic.. It does not affect weight and it very durable. I ordered it in "Stealth Black"[GALLERY]
Actual plastic ?!?

Looks good
I did mine as well with plastic paint we have in the bodyshop
I just the top though and masked out the white lines and vents
P2.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member