Phantom 3 Pro Plastic Dipped in Stealth Black

Aaaaaannnnnd....it is now obsolete with the P4 release. Doh!

View attachment 46581 View attachment 46494 View attachment 46483 Just got my Phantom 3 Pro back from being plastic coated which is extremely durable and looks factory. The quality is amazing! Im so excited.. I love the Phantom except to me the cheap white plastic looks devalues the product. The process they used is a patented process where it is coated with a less than .05mm coat of actual plastic.. It does not affect weight and it very durable. I ordered it in "Stealth Black"[GALLERY]

I may have just not read all the responses. Did you have to send the shells in, as in did you have to take apart everything or did you just send the unit as a whole? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I may have just not read all the responses. Did you have to send the shells in, as in did you have to take apart everything or did you just send the unit as a whole? Thanks

In My case, I sent the whole unit in since I did not want to take it apart myself. It was an extra 100. You can just either send the shell in or he can order it straight from DJI and then you assemble it all to save the 100.

Do you think he would do this for a phantom 1?

Aaaaaannnnnd....it is now obsolete with the P4 release. Doh!

The P4 is a killer, no doubt, and got a lot of us desiring. But it builds on the features of the P3, and is yet to prove how much superior to the P3 it is. Either way I wouldn't call the P3 "obsolete". It's still a winner and more advanced/capable than most (if not all) competitors.

Fly it at noon in the Arizona sun on a clear day. Measure the inside temperature of the bird, and compare it to a white bird under the same flight conditions. At least check your maximum battery temperatures on a hot summer day using Healthy Drones website. Just thought I would mention that in case some pilots were thinking of a black bird in Arizona. We really can cook eggs on the sidewalk in the summer. Ha Ha

Those skins are the most popular ones, the problem is that they don't cover the whole quad just the upper half of it, you still see a lot of white plastic so in my opinion that looks kinda cheap.

mmmm....typically anything you want cooler vs. hotter is a light color for a reason. Yes, I understand virtually all of the cooling is from the props

the props are not enough to cool the phantom in the new mexico summer! it would scorch the phantom in the summer here in albuquerque! even in white the shell is hot after flights in the summer. not to mention the engines......

the props are not enough to cool the phantom in the new mexico summer! it would scorch the phantom in the summer here in albuquerque! even in white the shell is hot after flights in the summer. not to mention the engines......
Do they let you fly while the hot air balloons are up? That would be so cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4