Phantom 3 Pro Plastic Dipped in Stealth Black

Has anyone tried Duracote paint. Seems to go on about anything and is as tough as nails. Quite common to see people use it on their rifles covering wood, plastic, metal, whatever.

I painted one of my P2's flat black and really liked it.... I have never been a fan of white.... makes it look so..... toy-ish in my opinion. Flat black is "pro"... and the "pro" model should be offered in black, like the Inspire...

Attachments

• BlackP2.jpg
    BlackP2.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 464
Has anyone tried Duracote paint. Seems to go on about anything and is as tough as nails. Quite common to see people use it on their rifles covering wood, plastic, metal, whatever.
Some pains will MELT the plastic.... I learned the hard way one time. Krylon "Fusion" for plastic is the best I have found...

I painted one of my P2's flat black and really liked it.... I have never been a fan of white.... makes it look so..... toy-ish in my opinion. Flat black is "pro"... and the "pro" model should be offered in black, like the Inspire...
Yes, I totally agree. Spending over 1k for something and taking it out of a case and it looking like a toy does not look good in a pro environment. I get it that they say get the inspire if you want pro but really the added features of that model are not needed for what I do. Really though I think DJI only offers white on these models is because its less intimidating. That has to be the only reason. It looks like a WII in white.

Really looks good. How did you find the company that did this for you? Can you tell me more about the material they use?

Its a really small company in Phoenix that the guy who started it did work on Poly Gun lowers and used this same method in finishing them. They needed a finish that held up well and bonded to the plastic properly. He did alot of custom work with people that wanted their guns in all diff colors. I got his contact info from a friend who did work with him in the past. Got it back within 2 weeks. It takes 7 days for the finish to cure fully.

I can say one thing.. It is rock hard and feels like plastic.. I tried scratching off under the gimbal to no avail. The finish is strong and looks great.

I'm afraid it will scare the old ladies and children and Drone haters. I do think it looks very nice. I want red please.

Reactions: silvercrw
Sounds good. So do you buy a shell and send it to them and they they paint it and send it back to you? If they get enough pre-paid orders it might pay for them to order the shell direct from DJI and sell as a package deal. What do you think?

Sounds good. So do you buy a shell and send it to them and they they paint it and send it back to you? If they get enough pre-paid orders it might pay for them to order the shell direct from DJI and sell as a package deal. What do you think?

Yes, he said that if there is 10-20 orders he will order the shells direct from DJI and provide them for everyone. He is working on pricing now and will get back to me tomorrow. I have never setup a group buy so I may ask you guys for your assistance :)

I would just have everyone deal with him direct. Let him take the orders and have him deal with each person one on one. See how many orders come in over the next few days and go from there. If there is enough interest he will be able to have another feather to add to his hat.

Looks mint! Stock white looks like crap. No offense :)

In fact when I first unboxed my p3a I was pleasantly surprised with the RC build quality cause the photos I seen online made me expect a cheap product all because of the white plastic!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks mint! Stock white looks like crap. No offense :)

In fact when I first unboxed my p3a I was pleasantly surprised with the RC build quality cause the photos I seen online made me expect a cheap product all because of the white plastic!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thank you! I feel the same... I really think DJI wants this thing to look like a toy. My thing is again why would anyone want a 1300+ device looking like it was bought in ToysRUs for 50 bucks :)

I would just have everyone deal with him direct. Let him take the orders and have him deal with each person one on one. See how many orders come in over the next few days and go from there. If there is enough interest he will be able to have another feather to add to his hat.
Great idea:) Thanks!

Ok I talked to John at Nero and he said that he can make a batch of 10-20 sets and order the shells direct from DJI. He said it would be under $100 for the labor depending on the amount ordered. I think that can't be beat. He is starting production and building a website and it will be over $150 in labor per shell so we are getting a big price cut.

Email him and just let him know your interested so he can work on final price details:

John @ NERO: [email protected]

Thanks guys! FYI I went flying last night and with the headlights and being black it looks like a bat out of hell :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31