Phantom 3 Pro on Indiegogo

Reaction score
Check out the Indiegogo campaign. You can get a new P3P for $474!!
Looks like a legit campaign Fantastic Price!! How can they do that?

It's outright fraud.
A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

Anyone thinking that cut and paste looks legit needs to tune up their scam detection process.
DJI can't make enough P3s to fill the demand.
They don't need to give them away for a fraction of the price .. and if they did for "promotional purposes", why would delivery be delayed for 4-5 months?

Reactions: msinger
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif

I’m on this offer since it’s beginning, I’ve decided to contact DJI to check this awesome offer.

This is their answer :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EU SUPPORT :

Dear Jonathan,
Thank you for contacting the DJI technical support.
I'm sorry to tell you that i do not know of this is really DJI.
I suggest you buy your phantom form our official website.

Thanks for choosing DJI
With kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

DJI NL Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:30 to 18:00 (Amsterdam Time UTC+01:00)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US SUPPORT :

Hi,

I find an uprising special offer from DJI on Indigogo, DJI teams is selling the phantom 3 around 500$.
This offer is so awesome that i decided to check if it realy comes from DJI or if someone using your identity.
Please could you confirm that this offer come from DJI ?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...k-vision-at-your-fingertips/x/12601343#/story

Thank you for your help, Have a good day.

Jonathan LOPEZ

->
Dear Jonathan,
Thank you for contacting DJI North America. The offer that you saw on the website is an off that DJI did not make themselves. That offer came from that website.

->
On Fri, Oct 30 at 1:22 PM , Jonathan Lopez wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure to understand, the seller is DJI Tech Team.
Does that mean someone actually stealling your brand identity ? or this is an offer from one of your retailer ?

Thank you for your answer.

->

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:49:00 +0000
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. This is something that we are not aware of here in our office. I can pass this information along to someone higher up and follow up with you once i get an answer.

ONLINE STORE SUPPORT :

Storeagent02 (DJI) Oct 31, 12:37

Dear Jonathan,
Thank you so much for contacting DJI online store.
Please send this to [email protected] and our sales department will check it for you.As we are only pre-sales support of online store,we are not able to check it for you.
Thanks and have a great day.

Best Regards
DJI Online Store

I’am actually waiting the answer from [email protected]

I’am afraid that someone is actually stealing DJI brand names to make some money. This could have a serious impact on DJI credibility if they don’t protect their customer.

So I decided to contact INDIGOGO :

Jonathan Lopez Friday at 12:02

Hi,
I see an awesome offer from DJI on Indiegogo :
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...vision-at-your-fingertips/x/12601343#/funders

This offer was so awesome that i decided to contact the customer services from DJI to check if this offer realy come from them. Because i suspect identity theft.
This is the answer from DJI support EU :
Dear Jonathan,
Thank you for contacting the DJI technical support.
I'm sorry to tell you that i do not know of this is really DJI.
I suggest you buy your phantom form our official website.

Can you confirm that this awesome offer realy comes fron DJI ?
What happens to people which invest into a campain if a thief take the identity of the seller and take the money ?
Indiegogo will refund the investment ?

Thank you for your answer,

Jonathan LOPEZ

->

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for checking in about this campaign. At this time, the campaign, ‘Phantom PRO 3 Drone: 4K Vision at your fingertips!’, is under review to ensure that it adheres to our Terms of Use (Terms of Use | Indiegogo).

So what happens now? We will include the information you have provided along with all other information at our disposal in our review of the campaign. In some cases, we will contact the campaign owner for more information or have them edit their campaign and it will remain on our platform. If we find the project or campaign owner doesn't follow our rules, we may remove the campaign. We may also restrict the campaign owner's future activities on Indiegogo.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. At Indiegogo, we take the trust and safety of our community very seriously and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this review process. To learn more about Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety effort, please visit: www.indiegogo.com/trust

Please note that you do not need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new ticket and prolong the process. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch with us and for helping to keep Indiegogo a safe and secure platform.

Regards,

Aileen
Trust and Safety

Indiegogo|
Generosity

They don’t answer to my question and send me a ******* standard mail !
If you read their security term and condition their aren’t responsible, so if this offer is scam everyone will lose their money !
I will upload this post if i get news.

Reactions: mag g and mnt
@Jonathan LOPEZ I was on this offer since day one too.
why did your post got hidden on the DJI forum?
Thank you for the information and please keep us posted.

My post on DJI Forum is exactly the same but begin by "DJI if you read that act quickly". Maybe DJI is actually checking this informations. In this case we can imagine they are waiting to be able to answer before publish it.

Reactions: mag g
FYI, I called DJI LA office couple days ago and they know nothing about this campaign.
Sent an email to indigogo as well and got the same answers.

Reactions: Jonathan LOPEZ
Hi I'm part of DJI uk.

I have 785 Phantom 3 Proffesionals (latest shells and motors) that DJI couldn't sell.

I got an awesome bulk deal. So I can sell them for just $399 please complete this via a bank transfer into my off shore account. No need to send me your address or any of that stuff just yet. No need to contact me at all actually, I'll contact you when they're ready to dispatch. Please note due to the way they are packed they may not be shipped for 9-10 years.

For anyone wondering, there is no way this is legitimate.
It has all the things that make alarm bells ring and is an outright fraud.
Send money to them and you will not get anything back.

The way I read it is that this is a kit. Unassembled you put it together kit and I didn't see a battery listed. It did however come with a hard case. Check it out and tell me if I'm mistaken.
The fraudster used the word KIT to imply a package containing more than just the basic quadcopter.
There's no mentioning of unassembled, build it yourself etc and there is no way DJI would sell a build yourself kit Phantom.
There's also no way they would sell a Phantom for peanuts or promise to deliver it in 4-5 months when you can buy them in the shops now.
It doesn't matter what words they used though because they have just assembled some copy & paste bait to lure gullible buyers and steal their money.
There is no Phantom for any suckers that take this bait.

Great news, the scammers and their campaign has been suspended and Indiegogo refunded all contributions.
Thank you DJI and Indiegogo for listening to your customers and supporters.

Reactions: snerd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31