Phantom 3 Pro OFDM receiver module plastic connection

Reaction score
New to the forum -

look forward to the 101 curriculum. Have an issue. (I searched for this issue, and showed no results).

Had a minor crash (if minor is even possible). The only part that broke was the plastic connection on OFDM board (the plastic piece that connects the small wire harness from OFDM to gimbal).

Possible to solder it back on or do I get to spend almost a 1/3 of what I paid for the entire drone, on a new OFDM receiver module?

Any other advice?

By the looks of things, soldering would be your cheapest approach. Curious, if the plastic plug is still usable? Maybe send a pic of the damaged plug?

Last edited:
By the looks of things, soldering would be your cheapest approach. Curious, if the plastic plug is still usable? Maybe send a pic of the damaged plug?
[WIKI][/WIKI]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 2,356
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,023
Looks do able to re-solder. You'll need a steady hand to do it, but its cheaper than sending it in.

copy that. I've got some experience... not a ton. Any kits/other tip suggestions if I take a run at it?

No real kits, just purchase a 30 watt soldering iron, with a small tip and some small diameter rosin fluxes core solder. A cloths pin or alligator clip to hold your plastic plug in place. I would start at the board (have image drawn on) at the red dots, heat them up and introduces some solder onto each solder pad on board. I would then position the plug onto through board and should be able to reheat each pin to the soldered pads.

How to solder link

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-17-16-18-37-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-17-16-18-37-1.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 1,402
Any luck resoldering? I crashed my p3p, and have the same issue, but have removed the Solder pads, so i cannot repair easily. I have to route wires to the connector, where my pads have been removed. little more work, and used 30 gauge wire, with a steady hand.

All of what Ken said. Plus some magnification. Headset or mag glass with light.
Steady hands.

I didn't even try it. I just bit the Bullet and wasted a car payment on new oem board

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

y3mY-a5W_J39G8P-jtTHq9Qc-qCyPnDK4zYs8KBQzYpyDPXds7JDhg8fpgWq9-6YTHMEnRG-0UaTq57GXeGGmyrcsLkcY9vQA5oMytJe9Mj3NyWiIhyiiLzwO4L4wCjkeORpPrgtyolY2U1GMb1i7MTSFVUcypMJ1rd_cOjEq7czvI
y3mdLj4erWDb-ogDydgj221YRJ9TsIOnM4OV9cmKVdMv9jYuLVvQf8A-T79peEHXurlqQjpZu8wNPe7idjLk4jDzTVWR_hy9xCDTRNdfaYku4a03BQ87k3ImNac3ZGQ5sB8sKj5llN_3ZqAfO5pGNGjeLOYhGEX6u3lPqdZ1i0VKPA

The unit with repair wiring (top unit) is the Phantom 3 pro
The unit on the bottom is a phantom 3 advanced.
They are very different

I patched 3 of the 6 pads. You'll need a small solder tip and experience.

The drawing shows where I placed solder for jumper wire.

(Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the actual repair)

P3 pro

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 849
سلام دوستان منم با همین مشکل مواجع شدم یعنی سوکت برد لایت بریچم شکسته و دیوداش کندن کنده شده!آیا خود درمانی کفایت میکند یا به برد گیمبال صدمه میزند و باید تعویض شود؟نظرتونو برام ریپلای کنید ممنون.

For those of you who don't read Persian:
Hello friends, I also encountered the same problem, which means that the socket of the light bridge board is broken and the diode is torn off! Is self-medication enough or does it damage the gimbal board and needs to be replaced? Reply your opinion to me, thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers