Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

phantom 3 pro model

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Wyattroa, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Wyattroa

Just wondering, I saw it mentioned here but can't find it. Does the pro have three different models? Meaning a, b, and c...I know on the back of my controller the model number ends in a B.. I just got it today..Just trying to learn a little.

2. mathewcaron

I think they have two..they changed the motors and placed the esc's inside the motherboard for production purposes, but imagine they strengthened the hull because of earlier stress fracture problems, I have both...same drone same functions except the first one is at the bottom of a river!!! Lol, they also make a p3 in standard, advanced and pro! But both pro models are pretty much the same

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Not A Speck Of Cereal

Yeah, I think the P3Ps had these changes during their production run:
    • Newer motors, indicated by the version on the box [W323A, W323B]
    • Reinforced shell, but I don't think you can tell which is which by the number on the box
    • Different remote control version, also indicated by the version on the box, but I forget the difference (I think the change was transmission power) [GL300A; GL300B; and maybe a C, but I'm not sure]
    I can't give you all of the answers, but there's some version numbers to help in your search.

If I remember right, there are arguments for and against each version, except everyone agrees that the old shell is not better.

Chris

4. Not A Speck Of Cereal

And you can probably find the version numbers on the box in a similar location as the following:

IMG_5107-small.jpg

Chris

5. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The ESCs were always on the motherboard for all P3s

6. tytlyf

I have an advanced and never checked the box. Mine says.

W322B - GL300C