Phantom 3 pro micro SD card

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 pro and I tried to view my video from the SD card through my tablet and my phone and it will not show anything you can see the video icon but when you press it the screen just goes black there were also a few photos on the card as well and you can view them any help

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
If you are clicking a play button on your tablet or phone, then you aren't looking at the files on your microSD card.
Those videos that show up in the Go app are low resolution cached videos which are stored on each device.
If you want to view the files that reside on the SD card, the preferred method is to remove the SD card from the Phantom, & insert it into a tablet or computer (probably using an adaptor).
As for why the cached video won't play, I cannot answer that....
Is this Android or iOS?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is what I done using samsung tab s2 with adapter and micro usb reader in my files under I think dcim it shows the thumbnails but once pressed the screen changes and just goes black on tablet and tried on my galaxy s7

Depends on a few things Tugboat, the way you are attempting to see the videos sounds correct. Is that Samsung capable (powerful and has correct software) to play the type of video you are recording, and trying to watch? For example if you have recorded in 4K - possibly S7 does not support or needs Codec or video app. Suggest you Try playing videos in a powerful PC/ laptop to isolate cause - I'm guessing that videos are fine & it's the player that is struggling. (I use IOS so not certain on Samsung)

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I've got the samsung tab s and if recorded in 4096x2160 4k they dont play,3840x2160 4k they do play but stutter,1080 60fps work fine(micro sd taken straight out phantom and put in tablet).all tested on vlc player,mx player and stock video player.

Reactions: Loz
If you are clicking a play button on your tablet or phone, then you aren't looking at the files on your microSD card.
Those videos that show up in the Go app are low resolution cached videos which are stored on each device.
If you want to view the files that reside on the SD card, the preferred method is to remove the SD card from the Phantom, & insert it into a tablet or computer (probably using an adaptor).
Is this Android or iOS?

when you click the play button you see what is on the sd card , depends upon video settings and if your phone will play that format , if you do not select " cache video " in GO APP nothing is recorded to your phone and you can see your video using the play button , if videos are cached you access them through your phone's video player.

I've got the samsung tab s and if recorded in 4096x2160 4k they dont play,3840x2160 4k they do play but stutter,1080 60fps work fine(micro sd taken straight out phantom and put in tablet).all tested on vlc player,mx player and stock video player.
Could it be the format of mine I have never changed any of that and I am pretty sure I am recording 1080 60 fps

Reactions: drewskidrone
I've found I have more success in playing vids at most resolutions, especially 4K, when using Baum Potplayer Global Potplayer. I don't know why - but that's what I've found. This is on a fairly old desktop pc.

I finally decided to move on from the VLC player owing to the massive lag when clicking 'play' to when the vid actually starts playing, sometimes up to 20-30 seconds delay. According to the net, it's a common problem apparently.

Reactions: drewskidrone
See I only want to play from tablet I just thought I could pull the memory card and put it the tablet and be able to pull the better quality video

In theory transferring the video files onto the tablet storage would be best way to get better results .... IF the processing ability of the tablet is up to it...

You should be able to, as long as the combination of app you use to play it and your hardware can support it and you are selecting the file through said app or file explorer.
No different than a PC really.
If you are playing it through GO however, that could be a different matter.
You can import videos into GO from SD card or download from AC. Latter is really slow.
Purpose of import is mainlyvso you can edit right from the GO editor, which is why many of us have asked for a PC/Mac version of GO.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this Android or iOS?

when you click the play button you see what is on the sd card , depends upon video settings and if your phone will play that format , if you do not select " cache video " in GO APP nothing is recorded to your phone and you can see your video using the play button , if videos are cached you access them through your phone's video player.
Thank you. I stand corrected!
I just read another thread, where @msinger posted a pic of the Go app camera view, and pointed out the play button in the bottom right.
I don't recall ever even seeing that play button on my Android Go app before.
I thought the OP was using the vid/pic buttons in the flight logs.
b36b234f89c5eef6d1dd23d7a8f7a331.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic