Phantom 3 Pro Horrible Vibrating Footage

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand what is wrong with my Phantom? I set the yaw to 90% but still having this issue with the footage. Very shaky and choppy.

Check the 4 connectors on your gimbal (found at each corner of the gimbal holding top & bottom gimbal portions). Everything connected correctly and moving well... up/down/side to side?

Looks to me something on the gimbal is broke. The rubber mounts? Or drop pin broke?

Easily, pull on the gimbal and see if there's a rip or tear in one of the rubber boots. See if the gimbal comes away from the mount plate. DON'T PULL HARD! Just enough to eyeball the mounts.

I kind of think it maybe either a bad connection where the harness plugs into the VPS, or that same harness have a broken wire not allowing a good sync. It doesn't seem to be that clear of video either which is a result of what I mentioned.

With power on and recording(Motors Not started), hold the aircraft by hand and rock it full forward to the point in which the camera begins to move. Then do the same for the other 3 directions. Then use non metal object and lightly press on hire harness where it plugs into VPS. Just move it a little. Then shut everything down as it normally should be and download video and watch back to see if you notice ANY change in the video itself. Post your results back here as there is other things to share...

Easily, pull on the gimbal and see if there's a rip or tear in one of the rubber boots. See if the gimbal comes away from the mount plate. DON'T PULL HARD! Just enough to eyeball the mounts.

No rips or tears on the boots. The gimbal does not come away from the mount plate but it does tilt towards the front when i try to pull it will move that way but not straight down.

Sounds like one of the anti-drop pins broke. JMO

Check that the grub screw locking the yaw arm to the motor shaft is tight.

Guys I really appreciate all the responses I really do, is there anyway you could help me to a video or better way to check this? I have it right beside me and can look at it but a little intimidated to mess anything up.

I kind of think it maybe either a bad connection where the harness plugs into the VPS, or that same harness have a broken wire not allowing a good sync. It doesn't seem to be that clear of video either which is a result of what I mentioned.

With power on and recording(Motors Not started), hold the aircraft by hand and rock it full forward to the point in which the camera begins to move. Then do the same for the other 3 directions. Then use non metal object and lightly press on hire harness where it plugs into VPS. Just move it a little. Then shut everything down as it normally should be and download video and watch back to see if you notice ANY change in the video itself. Post your results back here as there is other things to share...

Here is your footage as requested, the problem is when I would tilt the phantom all the way down it would go into ATTI mode via the ipad and the gimbal would stop and point all the way down. Let me know if you see anything here.

Sorry that was too violent. I couldn't focus on the video. I did feel like I say some interference, but not 100% sure. It would be best if point at the yellow wall only. And don't forget to press on the wire harness, you can do this part while sitting on the desk.

Guys I really appreciate all the responses I really do, is there anyway you could help me to a video or better way to check this? I have it right beside me and can look at it but a little intimidated to mess anything up.
Just swivel the camera by hand as far as it will go, and you will be able to see the grub screw where it locks on to the motor shaft.

I noticed one of the vibration rubber parts was a little more loose then the other. Not much but by a slight fraction. I have already done IMU calibrations and all that so it would that into effect right? Or could something as being slightly less stiff or solid throw everything off?

The thing is....
If you hold the phantom in your hand and move it quickly in any direction, a fully functioning gimbal will do a really good job of cancelling out any movement. Can you "feel" any major vibrations in the Phantom? If not, seems to be a controller motor / board issue.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik