Phantom 3 Pro "Gimbal Motor Overload" issue

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've owned my P3P for a few months now, and after a month or so of owning it I noticed the camera would come up tilted. No biggie -- just do a gimbal calibration and we're good to go.

Well, lately it's gotten worse, and now it just sits there and hammers back-and-forth trying to get to who knows where, and it gives me the "Gimbal Motor Overload" warning. I can't hold it back manually, I can't get it to do a calibration, I've even tried picking it up and moving it around, which often makes it go haywire 2x as fast...

I checked and all my components attaching the gimbal look correct -- everything's attached and nothing looks cut. And yes there's no "REMOVE THIS PIECE" left!

Unfortunately I'll be gone all day so I can't comment right now, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rocky.

Hey guys,

So I've owned my P3P for a few months now, and after a month or so of owning it I noticed the camera would come up tilted. No biggie -- just do a gimbal calibration and we're good to go.

Well, lately it's gotten worse, and now it just sits there and hammers back-and-forth trying to get to who knows where, and it gives me the "Gimbal Motor Overload" warning. I can't hold it back manually, I can't get it to do a calibration, I've even tried picking it up and moving it around, which often makes it go haywire 2x as fast...

I checked and all my components attaching the gimbal look correct -- everything's attached and nothing looks cut. And yes there's no "REMOVE THIS PIECE" left!

Unfortunately I'll be gone all day so I can't comment right now, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rocky.
Possibly a loose set screw on one of the gimbal motor shafts. I see this often in many of the gimbal repairs that I do for my clients with this problem.
If the set screw is loose, the shaft and motor become misaligned. Hince your tilt issue. The motor logic board has a center point and if not aligned will cause the shaking. You should get this repaired asap as it will eventually burn the motor out.

Ive got a similar problem. Just before I got the problem I was using the 'Point of Interest' mode. The next day I booted her up and the gimbals pointed the camera in a flop hang. And to boot the camera is not functional. ie. not getting a picture on the Android phone.

gamble motor shafts? ... I left my small screw drivers in Chicago I bet it's something like that because the tilt functions are not functional either.

Last edited:
I get that if I try and take off from grass and the camera is touching grass. I move it to a flat surface and it's all good

with this problem, the camera is not working either. The first I saw the camera dangle I thought it was broken. I rebooted the drone and it was fine like you said. flat surface.... That only worked once.

Last edited:
Possibly a loose set screw on one of the gimbal motor shafts. I see this often in many of the gimbal repairs that I do for my clients with this problem.
If the set screw is loose, the shaft and motor become misaligned. Hince your tilt issue. The motor logic board has a center point and if not aligned will cause the shaking. You should get this repaired asap as it will eventually burn the motor out.
So I tried to tighten every external visible screw -- I'm assuming it must be internal somewhere?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31