Phantom 3 Pro gimbal drift problem

Reaction score
Hi all, my P3P is 2 weeks old, I got it with firmware 1.5.80, so I upgraded it to 1.8.80 (I went through the sequence for the craft and the batteries) . The craft is flying very well, and the reception is also very good, so far I reached 2 km which is enough for my purposes. The problem is with the gimbal, every time I'm changing the heading of the aircraft the horizon is drifting in the same sense of the rotation. i.e : If I'm yawing left, the horizon of the right side will be thicker. I have read a lot about it in plenty of forums, but the only thing I found was from last year, I believe the problem was solved some how, but not for me. I have tried cold IMU cal few times on a perfect leveled surface, following a gimbal cal, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. It seems that when I am yawing very fast, the horizon stays level, but a relatively slow yaw will cause a roll drift. It is important to mention that after a drift, when the craft stays in place, the horizon will level again after 10-20 seconds. This drift also occurs during flight in reverse, but not during forward flight.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with that problem.

Here is the video:

Last edited:
Gimbal settings, change from FPV to Follow.

Are you using a filter? I'm wondering if your camera needs a little counterweight if it's struggling to maintain a level horizon.

Are you using a filter? I'm wondering if your camera needs a little counterweight if it's struggling to maintain a level horizon.
No not using any filter, all stock. I have exactly the same problem that a lot of pepole were having in 2015

Any other opinions?
If you haven't done so already, try a cold IMU calibration. IMU calibrations also affect gimbal performance. It's worth a try.

that is common issue for all p3 after firmware 1.6.x. no fix. try to live with it.

that is common issue for all p3 after firmware 1.6.x. no fix. try to live with it.
That is very troubling news :/ . Did you take a look at the video I attached? I haven't seen many youtube vidoes that show the drifting so intensely

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr