P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Pro Firmware v1.10.90 whats your experience? is there any bug?

I'll have to look for it. I thought it was a link on here some where.
if you get the link please send us .. mean while i will downgrade dji go app to 2.9.1 and see as many people are saying that the issue is coming with the dji go app.

Hi Guys. Just updated Firmware to v1.10.90 for the Aircraft no problem. However i am trying to update the controller using the SD card and i have also tried with a USB. I believe i use the same BIN file as i used for the Aircraft and delete the text file saved from the Aircraft update, but nothing happens.

I read an earlier post that the controller doesn't need an update above a certain version. How do I check the version of the controller?

Reactions: wawakool
Hi Guys. Just updated Firmware to v1.10.90 for the Aircraft no problem. However i am trying to update the controller using the SD card and i have also tried with a USB. I believe i use the same BIN file as i used for the Aircraft and delete the text file saved from the Aircraft update, but nothing happens.

I read an earlier post that the controller doesn't need an update above a certain version. How do I check the version of the controller?

here is how to do it hope it helps

New to dji Quads, Upgraded firmware to 1.8 and then to 1.10 per dji's recommendation ~ 10 days ago. Had no problems, everything works well. Only mistake I made was trying to upgrade controller with SD card, which I discovered 1. is no longer the method and 2. there's a lot of outdated instructional video's out there.

Many thanks wawakool and Jarkko! I am very excited to try downgrading DJI GO and see how my video feed is effected. What version tho? I have seen 2.8.0 from Jarko, 2.8.4 from somebody else and the intention to use 2.9.1 from wawakool. I think I'll try 2.9.1 first and then revert even further if need be. And then I'll report in my thread.

I was stoked to see that Jarkko has a Cyanogen modded tablet and this fix has worked for him, as I have a Cyanogen modded Nexus 7.

Ok, the weather yesterday was better, so I charged my batteries and decided to test out the v1.10.90 FW with GO 2.8.0 (witch seemed to work nicely the day before).
To my surprise the video lag and VERY bad video feed problem was back!? :( I tried both, my Oneplus 3 cell phone and Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 but no go, at least three second lag :(

BTW, when I updated the bird's FW, the update went all the way to the end (took about 20 mins) BUT ended with solid red status led on gimbal and constant "scree...!!" sound. After reboot status led was green and GO app shows that FW was updated to the latest!??
I tried to re-update several times but it only blinks gimbal led red / green for about ten seconds and turns always to red and makes that bad sound.

Reactions: victorymike
Ok, the weather yesterday was better, so I charged my batteries and decided to test out the v1.10.90 FW with GO 2.8.0 (witch seemed to work nicely the day before).
To my surprise the video lag and VERY bad video feed problem was back!? :( I tried both, my Oneplus 3 cell phone and Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 but no go, at least three second lag :(

BTW, when I updated the bird's FW, the update went all the way to the end (took about 20 mins) BUT ended with solid red status led on gimbal and constant "scree...!!" sound. After reboot status led was green and GO app shows that FW was updated to the latest!??
I tried to re-update several times but it only blinks gimbal led red / green for about ten seconds and turns always to red and makes that bad sound.
I'm not sure but it sounds like the firmware did not update correctly. I can't tell how long it takes or what should happen ( DJI did the update for me).
But I was getting a very poor lag time with video feed back and poor signal with DJI GO app 3.1.1 and when I went to version 2.8.4 it all went a way. I'm using a LG G pad 8inch. I've flow only two times since going back to 2.8.4. before I was having problems getting very far out. at 4400 ft I would loss all signal and video feed back. now with the different version I've taken it out to 10000 ft once and little over 8000 ft another time. I was planning on seeing want I can do with. in the past I've been able to go little over 24000ft.( made it on the leader board).

New to dji Quads, Upgraded firmware to 1.8 and then to 1.10 per dji's recommendation ~ 10 days ago. Had no problems, everything works well. Only mistake I made was trying to upgrade controller with SD card, which I discovered 1. is no longer the method and 2. there's a lot of outdated instructional video's out there.
Yes remote shall be update with dji go app

I have a definitive answer in my thread. Posting just after this.

After all those people complaining am starting to doubt if that last update was not a trap for phantom 3 user to go and buy the phantom 4

Because of what i saw on dji web site

phantom_3_sab.jpg

To be honest me too starting to notice some bug about going long distance flight bad image reception and image quality lost.

After all those people complaining am starting to doubt if that last update was not a trap for phantom 3 user to go and buy the phantom 4

Because of what i saw on dji web site

phantom_3_sab.jpg

To be honest me too starting to notice some bug about going long distance flight bad image reception and image quality lost.
Wait a minute. I thought Bill Gates owned Microsoft or was it DJI :confused:

So I've been reading a lot of people having issues with this new firmware, it seems to have come out about 2 months ago but nothing came up about it when flying for me until about 2 weeks ago but I have not updated due to all these people having issues and either having to downgrade the app Ithaca dji telling them "yes there is a bug and you are stuck with it until we figure out how to fix it on our end" so I'm wondering if that's why the notification did come up until recently? Is the bug all worked out and the issue fixed and should I update everything at this time?

So I've been reading a lot of people having issues with this new firmware, it seems to have come out about 2 months ago but nothing came up about it when flying for me until about 2 weeks ago but I have not updated due to all these people having issues and either having to downgrade the app Ithaca dji telling them "yes there is a bug and you are stuck with it until we figure out how to fix it on our end" so I'm wondering if that's why the notification did come up until recently? Is the bug all worked out and the issue fixed and should I update everything at this time?
I sent my Phantom 3 advanced in for poor video down link and all around poor signal. I would work good for one flight but I could not get a second flight. The app would not bind with the drone. I could unlock the motors and fly it blind. I send it back to DJI to have them look at it. I di not know if it was the firmware or something else. They ended up sending me back a new drone. Now the kicked is it did not have firmware 1.10.90. came back with 1.9.60+ I've been told the plus means it was downgraded.I don't know for a fact if that it correct. someone here maybe can answer that. Point is they did not leave it or upgrade it to 1.10.90 WHY ?

Attachments

• IMG_20170125_111009159.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 388
I sent my Phantom 3 advanced in for poor video down link and all around poor signal. I would work good for one flight but I could not get a second flight. The app would not bind with the drone. I could unlock the motors and fly it blind. I send it back to DJI to have them look at it. I di not know if it was the firmware or something else. They ended up sending me back a new drone. Now the kicked is it did not have firmware 1.10.90. came back with 1.9.60+ I've been told the plus means it was downgraded.I don't know for a fact if that it correct. someone here maybe can answer that. Point is they did not leave it or upgrade it to 1.10.90 WHY ?

Wow crazy yeah I don't want to update but if I crash dji won't warrenty anything that's not on most recent firmware as it's happened to others, also did you send in your RC with is? I notice the app isn't 3.1.1 either

Wow crazy yeah I don't want to update but if I crash dji won't warrenty anything that's not on most recent firmware as it's happened to others, also did you send in your RC with is? I notice the app isn't 3.1.1 either
yes sent in RC also . I was trying to get as far away from the newest versions. I downgraded the controller and installed an older version of the APP. Just to prove a point I flight this morning out to 23133 ft and back. So It's working great. check the leader board string.

yes sent in RC also . I was trying to get as far away from the newest versions. I downgraded the controller and installed an older version of the APP. Just to prove a point I flight this morning out to 23133 ft and back. So It's working great. check the leader board string.

But aren't you worried dji won't cover you now if for any reason you have any kind of crash?

My drone just crashed on first flight after updating to latest firmware.

I have resisted updating for 8 months and have flown without any problems...until today. I decided to update firmware while on holidays. I updated Phantom, remote & batteries. Quad connected well, everything seemed Ok on the ground. Then i took off, went out about 1000ft and the Phantom just dropped from the sky with 96% battery remaining!

. I found it at the last point indicated on my map. Quad has smashed frame, props & camera. I will send it back to DJI for (hopefully) a warranty repair.

My suggestion, if you Quad is flying well, DO NOT UPDATE!!

Reactions: phxbird57
My drone just crashed on first flight after updating to latest firmware.

I have resisted updating for 8 months and have flown without any problems...until today. I decided to update firmware while on holidays. I updated Phantom, remote & batteries. Quad connected well, everything seemed Ok on the ground. Then i took off, went out about 1000ft and the Phantom just dropped from the sky with 96% battery remaining!

. I found it at the last point indicated on my map. Quad has smashed frame, props & camera. I will send it back to DJI for (hopefully) a warranty repair.

My suggestion, if you Quad is flying well, DO NOT UPDATE!!
Contact DJI by phone don't waste your time with online. If you feel you're not getting anywhere with the person ask to talk to a manager in the united States.
I got my p3a back in middle of January and they had down graded my firmware. Besides replacing the drone complete.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20