Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing the whole point. What happens when your doing 50mph in your car and run the wheel 100% to either direction?

Do you expect manufacturers to limit steering after a certain speed?

This would be a safety issue if they did, just like removing CSC would.

Just like the above example you wouldn't perform these combined stick movements under normal conditions. Just like you would never turn a steering well full throw at anything more than 5mph.
I don't think comparing a 1/2 ton vehicle to a few pound quadcopter is a fair analogy. But since you put it that way, do you think the car manufacturer would have to do something if a bunch of people were accidentally turning off their vehicle while moving? Hell Toyota was sued because their floor mats were coming undone and accelerating the vehicle. I'm not talking about the people CSC'ing on purpose, I'm speaking of the people who don't realize what they have done.

In all seriousness could we just make a thread for people to debate the need for/implementation of CSC so that we can keep the trolling and bickering in one place?

Reactions: mmee1992
All I am saying is give us the choice to turn it off.
If you read back from our years of flying you will realise there is no need to give an option to turn it off and in full respect mate knowing you aren't a new flier but it's something that everyone should know. I'm not being bad and I never mean any disrespect to you but I read about this nearly 3 years ago and it scared this **** out of me but that was learned 2 weeks before I bought my phantom and it was one of the first things I learned amongst many other things in the Weeks before I ever even flew my first drone. Maybe I'm too **** about things, I really don't think I am because I'm a major risk taker but before I spent so much on my first drone I learned as much as I could in the 2 weeks previous to taking delivery and that meant maybe 80 dedicated hours of learning. I still smashed it into a tree within 30 seconds. Learn, learn, learn, fly, crash, fly learn, crash, crash, learn learn learn is I think my first 3 months went. The next 3 years hopefully will be the reverse. Put €1200+ up in the air, either learn who not to make it crash or get rich quick.

Reactions: Marlin009
CSC victims (all 3 of you), I feel for you (RTFM or not). Crashing sucks.

It's odd that there have been 3 on the P3 when the same stick functions have existed on several product lines without anyone doing it before. Is the P3 so stable that people are flying it harder than any other? I still can't imagine doing all four deflections at the same time.

CSC haters, enough already. We've heard you. We know you hate it. It's not likely to change. And complaining about it ad nauseum isn't going to make it change.

CSC experienced while I was flying at 30 meters and wanted to make a fast decending toward me , so I cut the throttle to zero ,since P3P have a floating in flight character ,while stirring rudder ,mixed with aileron and elevator . P3P were few feet above the ground toward me sudden no power and P3P dropped n flipped over infront of me.
I think, I accidentally enter CSC with no intention...Agree with people here ,DJI should change CSC position to avoid accident or allow user to configurate according to each pilot flying style.

Reactions: dalebb
In all seriousness could we just make a thread for people to debate the need for/implementation of CSC so that we can keep the trolling and bickering in one place?
Yep it's gonna be called the "csc Mal oh ****, James bond, dji on purpose ejector seat sticky"

The guy asked for help in a forum where people help each other - he did not know about CSC. I know about CSC and I don't find it that comforting. I think its dangerous that it's not conveyed better - there should be a warning sticker on the aircraft when it's received.

Jaded drone purists ever so subtly implying tough luck, RTFM, stay away from our hobby...isn't really helping. IMHO.
Combination Stick Command (CSC), will cause the motors to stop. That is documented in the manual. The manual contains the knowledge needed to fly the Phantom. ;)

Think of the CSC (used to stop the motors) as your automobiles ignition... if you are driving you wouldn't shut the motor off and expect good thing to happen would you? And why would anyone even need to fly where the sticks are in the CSC position? That method has been used to arm RC rotor aircraft for years, nothing new, just maybe new to you. Again I refer you to the manual. I am not sure why people get sore when they ask a question that is clearly answered in the manual and they are referred by a member to the manual. It is not to punish you for asking, it is to educate you so you know. Referring people to the manual accomplishes that goal. You read it, you learn it and you retain it. Operating an RC aircraft requires knowledge, concentration and discipline... it is a serious thing (seriously fun!) and deserves to be respected. It is not a hobby to be taken lightly. Knowing everything there is to know about your aircraft will help you operate it in a safe and serious manner.

I am right there with you and I carry on the fight till they ban me.
Really?

Anyways, it seems that this horse has been beat to death so lets give it the respect it deserves and tie a bow on this.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie