Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of CSC's on this board lately. I wish they would rethink this CSC while in flight thing. At least give us an option to turn it off or configure it.
That would be a good option for us that fly backwards or that don't want a mid air kill switch.

I've seen a lot of talk about a very small number of CSCs.[/QUOTE]
That could be because not every P3 pilot in the world is on this forum.

That could be because not every P3 pilot in the world is on this forum.

Not one on RCGROUPS, one of the largest rc forums around.

Now facebook, that's where all the sheep herd together....Complete waste of bandwidth

I see a lot of talk about mid-air CSC incidents but very few actual incidents have been reported.
It has nothing to do with not every P3 pilot in the world being on this forum.
There is a very large number of P3 flyers on this forum.
And I have only seen 3 or 4 reports of (mostly new) pilots doing a mid-air CSC.
The percentage is tiny and the sample size is large.

Actual CSC incidents are like shark attacks - quite rare but they get a lot more attention than their incidence would deserve.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
We see csc happening to a few pilots with every release of a new phantom. It's very sad when it happens but is very preventable. You may not like the answer but it's through educating yourself by learning everything, watching every video on YouTube and reading manuals and forums. I'm not gonna be a **** by throwing in a stupid rtfm comment because it isn't fair but as I always say " the phantom is ready to fly out of the box but the owner isnt". Once you have been flying as long as we have and I certainly don't mean that as a derogatory comment because I hate reading these posts as if it was my own bird that crashed but I always urge any new pilot to please educate yourself before you fly and when you start to fly just take it easy for a month or 2. Take your time guys to learn what your bird can and can't do because when you do educate yourself it will bring you so much joy. Csc is an absolute necessity and I don't see it needing a change at all. A brand new car is ready to drive but a kid must learn how to drive and respect it. Hope the OP gets back in the air very soon and it doesn't cost too much to fix.

That would be a good option for us that fly backwards or that don't want a mid air kill switch.

You say fly backwards but in all honesty it's 100% throttle down, 100% yaw, 100% elevator back and full deflection on roll.

I really think the mods should place a ban on you. What you are doing is no more than trolling

Reactions: mmee1992
Not one on RCGROUPS, one of the largest rc forums around.

Now facebook, that's where all the sheep herd together....Complete waste of bandwidth
Of course, I don't deny it.

not going there....

Reactions: mmee1992
You say fly backwards but in all honesty it's 100% throttle down, 100% yaw, 100% elevator back and full deflection on roll.

I really think the mods should place a ban on you. What you are doing is no more than trolling
Oh please, I love my P2 and P3

The way they programmed csc....if your flying so that your maneuvers put your sticks 100% in the csc position, you probably don't have a high enough iq to fly or you need to update your "common sense"

Too many people on this forum ***** about dji putting out faulty product or something. Yet there are a lot of us who don't have any problems. They just take the bird out of the box and take it up. No reading no pre flight, nothing. It sickens me that people are spending that kind of money on these things yet probably shouldn't even be allowed to drive.

They need to rtfm (yea I said it!) And pre flight every time and practice before entering their uav into the redbull races so to speak

Not being a ****, but I would like to see why kind of flight maneuver needs 100% stick in those 4 directions. I try to imagine it but just can't wrap my head around it. I have been flying home built systems for a few years, from small quads to large hex's all running Naza FC's, and this is my first Phantom, and haven't hit a CSC other than intentional while on the ground. I'm not flying 3D or anything though.

Reactions: blade strike
I have had two p2's and two p3's. I can not be without them. They are great machines that take great pic's.

not going there....
Blade I always 100% agree with you and look forward to the leeks you provide but do you think the dji games could be a bad idea where new pilots think they can throw a phantom around courses and the like when the phantom is really just a top of the range consumer flying camera. Would they not be better releasing a stunt 250 for such flying? I know I'd buy one but a phantom with built in camera is no stunt flyer.

Not being a ****, but I would like to see why kind of flight maneuver needs 100% stick in those 4 directions. I try to imagine it but just can't wrap my head around it. I have been flying home built systems for a few years, from small quads to large hex's all running Naza FC's, and this is my first Phantom, and haven't hit a CSC other than intentional while on the ground. I'm not flying 3D or anything though.
Here are some, but mind you I don't go around the corners any more or drop down at the same time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your best bet (assuming you can afford it) is probably to buy a new one, keep the extra battery (if it works) and you can try to sell the Radio Controller and salvage any other usable parts. The cost to repair the damage is going to easily exceed the new cost based on what you have said.

You have my sympathy as whilst it is technically user error, it still sucks to see your bird fall like that, hope you are back in the skies soon.

Blade I always 100% agree with you and look forward to the leeks you provide but do you think the dji games could be a bad idea where new pilots think they can throw a phantom around courses and the like when the phantom is really just a top of the range consumer flying camera. Would they not be better releasing a stunt 250 for such flying? I know I'd buy one but a phantom with built in camera is no stunt flyer.

I agree but DJI has moved mostly to aerial camera platforms. IMHO, if people want to fly their camera craft like a 3d heli, so be it. Just don't try to come and blame others for your errors. Even flying 3d heli's it was very rare to use full 100% stick commands. I guess I just cant wrap my head around it.

There are tons of options for the 250 segment anyways;)

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I only do crazy stuff with my phantoms but don't treat them as a 3d. Looking forward to any future news you may have for us and hope you're keeping well.

Here are some, but mind you I don't go around the corners any more or drop down at the same time.
Can you point me to the times you did these maneuvers? I didn't see any really quick panning or descents. If someone does plan to do these, maybe using some expo might help? Get more movement without needing full stick? Not sure if that would help.

I think it should be fairly simple to accomplish in firmware by accessing the altimeter data and not allowing the motors to cut out unless on the ground during flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers