Phantom 3 Pro esc error

Reaction score
Hi all Im new to posting so I hope this is in the right place.

I bought a phantom 3 professional from rcgeeks just before christmas and thanks to the bad weather did not get much flying done, the weather did get better and after getting some flights in I got a message on screen about an esc error please switch off restart if the problem persists contact dji, the problem did persist so I contacted rcgeeks who asked me to sent the quad back for reapair as it was still under warranty.

When I rang them for an update on my quad I was told it needed to be sent to dji in the netherlands for repair.

When I sent the craft back it was in as new condition but when returned the dji box had been damaged and the quad was covered in dust and dirt (probably from the damage done to the carton inside the box) it was also grubby from being handled by someone with dirty hands the anti vibration mounts for the gimbal were dirty as well, the tx was dirty and marked, the gold stickers on the quads arms had not been replaced and one of them was peeling off they had been cut through to open the case.

The gimbal had not been properly secured for transport and the plastic support fell off as I lifted the craft from its box. The gimbal did not centre properly it stopped a few degrees off centre but sometimes would slowly creep to centre, sometimes it would turn rapidly to one side then flick back to nearly centre. I tried a gimbal calibration a several times and even an imu calibration (even though it was not necessary) but that did nothing to improve matters.

When I flew the craft when hovering it would shudder for a few seconds then fly smoothly for a few seconds then shudder again etc.

I rang rcgeeks who said I would need to return the quad again I am not happy about having another repair as the case on this craft will have been opened at least three times now and I should imagine this will weaken it also when a repair has been done so badly I would have thought it would not be unreasonable to expect an new replacement. All the time my quad is away I am missing flying and the warranty is slipping away. Unless they do the right thing and replace it with a new one I wont be buying from rcgeeks or dji again this has left a rather bitter taste.

The damage/ poor workmanship.

Thanks for taking an interest,
The 1st pic shows the dirt on gimbal mounts, 2nd pic grubby tx grips, 3rd pic grey sticky gunge on tx on off button.
Appologies for delay my internet connection is really bad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 357
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    889.1 KB · Views: 487
I'm curious if you think this is actually your P3 or do you think they sent you a different one. That looks pretty rough for the time you say you've had it, and the little time it's been flying.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge DJI. There's no telling what was done to it before DJI got it.

I'm curious if you think this is actually your P3 or do you think they sent you a different one. That looks pretty rough for the time you say you've had it, and the little time it's been flying.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge DJI. There's no telling what was done to it before DJI got it.
I was wondering the same thing I sent the craft back with an esc error but on the repair report I got back it said motor damage so I think I have some elses phantom, not what I would have expected and not very good service who knows how old it is or how it was treated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic