Phantom 3 pro disconnected during flight and now it's lost

Something you may be interested in knowing is, you do not have to perform updates if you prefer not to. I've updating the P3 a year ago now. I'm on versions:

GO app-2.4.2
A/C Firmware-1.4.1
R/C Firmware-1.5.7

You just want to make sure you turn off all auto updating on all devices.

Reactions: ObiDon
It means your Phantom is auto backing off the throttle a bit since whatever you're trying to do is too intense for the current battery level to handle. This usually happens when trying to fly a steep incline on a partially charged battery.

Thanks msinger, I've gotten this message a few times as well. Had no idea what it meant as they only started appearing after updating to the latest FW.

Last edited:
"propulsion limited warning".....means the volts are limited. With the recent firmware you will see this warning message More & More....and may find it impossible to even fly your aircraft when the temps outside get below 60 and colder. When you are climbing in altitude, and when you are faced with a strong head wind, you will likely be in trouble. Be prepared to land the aircraft in situations where it is located. Better stay clear of water flying.

Now here's a Tip for those that plan to fly in cold weather. Fly with your newer batteries that are in the best shape. If at home, use a heating pad to warm the battery prior to flight. Tape all air vents which will help to keep the battery warmer which will provide best performance in the cold environment.

See?? There's that thing about the new FW causing this warning. Any idea why all of a sudden they built this into the latest FW? Was DJI trying to correct something?

Steves23, glad you found your P3!! Makes all of this worthwhile, doesn't it?

This is an amazing group with a wealth of knowledge, expertise, and a willingness to help when needed.

See?? There's that thing about the new FW causing this warning. Any idea why all of a sudden they built this into the latest FW? Was DJI trying to correct something?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but yes they were scrambling to fix all firmwares to read changed formulas the same way.

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but yes they were scrambling to fix all firmwares to read changed formulas the same way.

Sorry fNf, this was in response to the propulsion warning posts on this thread. As I was reading through it I saw where comments were made about what they meant (I had been wondering but hadn't asked yet) and that they started happening...at least with more frequency...with the newest FW release. That's all.

I thought that as in FB, replies to specific comments would be left as a subtext to that comment. Realized after the fact that comments are added to the end of the entire thread.

Last edited:
Pretty cool that you found your drone and it still works.
Just wondering if it looked like it tried to autoland, (was it on it's legs or on side/upside down).
And was it located near where you lost the connection or on it's way back, etc...

Just curious...

Last edited:
Sorry fNf, this was in response to the propulsion warning posts on this thread. As I was reading through it I saw where comments were made about what they meant (I had been wondering but hasn't asked yet) and that they started happening...at least with more frequency...with the newest FW release. That's all.

I thought that as in FB, replies to specific comments would be left as a subtext to that comment. Realized after the fact that comments are added to the end of the entire thread.

Ok I understand. And if you didn't get the answer, these propulsion warnings appear when the battery volts reach a certain point based on distance from home point. And also based on the red flag limits that have been put in place due to voltage drop in a high demand instance. The older the battery, the more often these warnings will appear.

It's highly likely the programming of dji batteries will ever go back to where they were just over a year ago. And because of that, the current best option to over come this particular issue is to go with the 2 battery mod.

Btw, battery technology is super close right now to changing in a way that will be far above what we currently have. Example, cell phone batteries will charge fully in 20-30 seconds and last 5+ times longer.

Reactions: 80Aerial
Glad you found it.I always fly with a backup GPS.Get one so you won't have to go thru this again

Hi everyone
I read this column from beginning because i head a similar problem with my p3p
Friend of mine was building a house and on the day they where poring concrete on the first deck i thought to bring the drone to film the fuss happening for him.
Across the road there is a small park i went to calibrate and worm up the drone before take of , took the drone up maybe 25-30 metre high and maybe 30-35 metre away from my self . *** i was looking more at my drone than the phone on the remote (i use iPhone 6) i notice a warning on it but it cleared up before I read it. About 5min into the flight i lost connection with the drone and it started descending I tried the RTH 2-3 times no response I tried to switch to different flight mode also nothing just kept slowly descending i ran across watching the drone landing on top of the concrete fortunately it landed on the pard that was hardened wary close to the edge tho. After that i took my drone home and wanted to fly again but i head a compass error warning ( yes i did calibrate again and did have a full battery *** on the previous flight) I turned off the drone and RC turned back on all normal head a short flight without any problems.
This is my first drone and i am not a tech guy i will appreciate any advice you give me to avoid similar situations.

Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: TrevorTron
Hi everyone
I read this column from beginning because i head a similar problem with my p3p
Friend of mine was building a house and on the day they where poring concrete on the first deck i thought to bring the drone to film the fuss happening for him.
Across the road there is a small park i went to calibrate and worm up the drone before take of , took the drone up maybe 25-30 metre high and maybe 30-35 metre away from my self . *** i was looking more at my drone than the phone on the remote (i use iPhone 6) i notice a warning on it but it cleared up before I read it. About 5min into the flight i lost connection with the drone and it started descending I tried the RTH 2-3 times no response I tried to switch to different flight mode also nothing just kept slowly descending i ran across watching the drone landing on top of the concrete fortunately it landed on the pard that was hardened wary close to the edge tho. After that i took my drone home and wanted to fly again but i head a compass error warning ( yes i did calibrate again and did have a full battery *** on the previous flight) I turned off the drone and RC turned back on all normal head a short flight without any problems.
This is my first drone and i am not a tech guy i will appreciate any advice you give me to avoid similar situations.

Thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sounds like you were lucky. It's one thing losing a bird, it would be quite something else watching it fly to its death!
I think the best thing to do would be to follow the instructions earlier in the thread and upload your flight log. You are in the lucky position of still having the bird, the data from that are far more informative than those from the phone/tablet. Once that file is available, I am sure our resident experts will be able to shed some light on your near-disaster.

@Steves23, congratulations on finding your bird :)

I invested into a GPS Live Tracker and couldn't wait to put it to use, but I never lost another A/C.
Wondering what is that tracker you bought. Is it small enough to stick to P3? When I used to fly FPV fixed wing, I attached a non smartphone (I think Kajeet) just to get GPS coordinates. Any details are appreciated as there are few trackers to find the keys etc.

Bigredbee.com this guy makes gps trackers. This is a hobby for him as well he does have a day job but is also into model rockets. They use them to recover their rockets.

Wondering what is that tracker you bought. Is it small enough to stick to P3? When I used to fly FPV fixed wing, I attached a non smartphone (I think Kajeet) just to get GPS coordinates. Any details are appreciated as there are few trackers to find the keys etc.

It was the Flytrex Live G3 Plus for the Phantom 3, and the earlier version on the Phantom 2. As of now I removed the one from the P3 due to that company going to crap. I would not recommend products from that company to my worse enemy now. It's a shame also because if the support was there to fix current issues it would without a doubt be the best.

I have a huge respect for you guys helping the way you do. I've had no problems... Yet. Good to know I would have help. I'm new to all this. Bought a p4 about 6 weeks ago. I have DJI go which I got from the start, and now litchi. I read these forums daily and from here I find that I really have lots of learning to do. How to retrieve my flight log, where to upload it to get info I can understand.. These things I need to learn and practice "before" anything happens. I need to be written these things down as I come to them. So my question is, is there a link that would step a newbie through this process?

Sent from my XT1096 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl