Phantom 3 PRO crashed NO SIGNAL

ok download 1.8.8 FW for P3P from dji.com site and format the microSD card with FAT or FAT32 and put only the bin file on the card and place in the
gimbal and turn on the Phantom. make sure you have the fan blowing full speed at the phantom while it is updating. then try binding again.

If it was me I would box it up and send it to hunch. There must be more damage than just the gimbal. Sometimes u have to say Uncle

sooooo, @hunch , I upgraded everything, the bird with the usb flash, OK. When finished I use the cel conected to the RC and updated with the DJi app, but the 1.06 (dont know why it doesn´t appears the 1.08).
When re-initiates the RC it appears this!!: "FPGA error, Hardware Malfunction, contact support." and the led in red.
I tried to updated with the usb flash but nothing. After a minute its starts beeping loud with that message and the led in red.

PS. I never crashed the RC

HEEEEEELP

could be that when you were doing the FW upgrade the board inside the gimbal overheated, seen so many of those, that's why every time FW upgrade is performed on a P3P you need to have a fan blowing full speed at the Phantom

Where do people come up with this stuff??

Well for starters, your remote's firmware is out of date and needs to be ungraded ... should be 1.6.0 I believe. ...

Where do people come up with this stuff??

well just for your reading pleasure, over 800 phantoms came through my shop in the past 18 months alone, 99% phantoms and good majority
P3A and P3P and when you have so much hands-on time on these you learn a thing or two about them.
do me a favor, when next time a FW upgrade comes out for a P3P do it on yours and leave it on extra 10-15 minutes after it is done with the upgrade.
i can guarantee you next time you turn on your P3P you will have a "No Signal" issue because the main board on the gimbal overheated.
same thing was happening on Phantom 2 V+ with the internal WiFi units.

but hey, what do i know right? i just "come up with this stuff" for shear comment pleasure ;)

sooooo, @hunch , I upgraded everything, the bird with the usb flash, OK. When finished I use the cel conected to the RC and updated with the DJi app, but the 1.06 (dont know why it doesn´t appears the 1.08).
When re-initiates the RC it appears this!!: "FPGA error, Hardware Malfunction, contact support." and the led in red.
I tried to updated with the usb flash but nothing. After a minute its starts beeping loud with that message and the led in red.

PS. I never crashed the RC

HEEEEEELP
can you please post some pictures of these error messages and maybe a short video of when you startup the phantom ?

well just for your reading pleasure, over 800 phantoms came through my shop in the past 18 months alone, 99% phantoms and good majority
P3A and P3P and when you have so much hands-on time on these you learn a thing or two about them.
do me a favor, when next time a FW upgrade comes out for a P3P do it on yours and leave it on extra 10-15 minutes after it is done with the upgrade.
i can guarantee you next time you turn on your P3P you will have a "No Signal" issue because the main board on the gimbal overheated.
same thing was happening on Phantom 2 V+ with the internal WiFi units.

but hey, what do i know right? i just "come up with this stuff" for shear comment pleasure ;)
What do you do to fix them then?

I haven't done as many as hunch but I can tell u he is right and other than replace your camera. Nothing can be done with a dead board.

update status: re- update the RC and back to normal. No warning sign.
But still NO SIGNAL...

I haven't done as many as hunch but I can tell u he is right and other than replace your camera. Nothing can be done with a dead board.
So between you and hunch alone you have replaced well over 1000 main boards and/or cameras because of firmware updates? Add to that all the other repair shops around the country....

Really?

Fantom you're assuming much. i never said i replaced 100 of main boards on the gimbal!
i said over 800 phantoms went through my shop, mainly because they crashed so they needed parts, re-shelling, motor replacement and such.
while some had overburned main boards and we ran into a lot of those and yes REALLY but i'm not here to argue with someone
who can't grasp the idea and a fact that someone can fix so many drones in a given time frame.
just go to my fb page called uav repair shop. i have about 1200 member there.majority customers who had their bird, gimbal, controller mod and such done / fixed
in my shop.
and let me ask you. what other repair shops around the country? there is handful of reputable ones and another fact. when DJI started their support
which used to be horrible, the guys over there in Cali had my cell phone number in case they didn't know immediate solution. i had dozens of calls
coming to me with voice on the other end starting : "hi my name is "such and such", i just got off the phone with DJI in California and they couldn't help me
so they gave me your number, maybe you can help me..."

but like i've said, i'm here to help people and not argue with people like you. you know me just as much i know you. you never dealt with me or vice versa
so you have zero ground to say anything about what i or anyone here do.

have a good day.

not linking to the drone

not linking to the drone
press the linking button on the phantom for two seconds, have the remote turned on and both silver switches in the up position,
move gimbal dial button on the controller down and hold down and then flip the left switch down, up, down, up, down, up and leave in up position and
release the dial.
it will start beeping until it links.

Reactions: Pedro G.
press the linking button on the phantom for two seconds, have the remote turned on and both silver switches in the up position,
move gimbal dial button on the controller down and hold down and then flip the left switch down, up, down, up, down, up and leave in up position and
release the dial.
it will start beeping until it links.

first of all, @hunch thank you so much for your time and energy

so, first i turn on the rc or the aircraft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues