Phantom 3 Pro Cracks

Reaction score
I continue to live in fear of my P3P developing stress cracks. Other than hand catching, and doing gentle controlled landings, what can be done to avoid the imminent?

It's really not imminent. The majority of shells have not cracked.

Reactions: Numone
Reactions: captainmilehigh
On my P3 standard no cracks on shell at all and with my P3 pro had some cracks develop on underside rear arms ..did a self repair and monitoring for any more.

I was crack free until I put those strong arms on and cracked the shell it self. The inserts were too tight and I could hear the plastic crack during installation. Dji replaced it free thankfully. Not one crack in a year now.

20170625_141124.jpg
I have a 9 hours of flight time on my P3A and switched to carbon fiber blades from DJI, on the second flight with the CF blades in a strong wind I developed a stress crack . I plan to repair with Plast Aid and tips or suggestions?

Thanks

My first P3P has gone back to DJI *twice* within its first year for stress cracks, zero crashes. Since it took three months to return last time, I just bought another P3P secondhand so I wouldn't lose work and guess what.......

0ed32815-d2cb-4a5e-a203-bc135dbe9dd0_zpstqcewzls.jpg

I'm a *huge* DJI fan, but I sure am getting tired of hearing "cracks only occur in a very small percentage of Phantoms" when this is my third time, zero crashes. And I have cost DJI a fortune so far - four UPS trips across the country and free repair. And about to send back this one. I wish we could get a straight answer on whether they've solved the issue or not. I had assumed they would have sent me my first P3P back with a fixed shell, but no. And now I'm reading the P4s are having the same problems. As amazing as DJI is at R&D, this must be a serious issue with no easy answers since it's still around. At least they've always fixed it for free, even though it takes forever and a week.

My first P3P has gone back to DJI *twice* within its first year for stress cracks, zero crashes. Since it took three months to return last time, I just bought another P3P secondhand so I wouldn't lose work and guess what.......

0ed32815-d2cb-4a5e-a203-bc135dbe9dd0_zpstqcewzls.jpg

I'm a *huge* DJI fan, but I sure am getting tired of hearing "cracks only occur in a very small percentage of Phantoms" when this is my third time, zero crashes. And I have cost DJI a fortune so far - four UPS trips across the country and free repair. And about to send back this one. I wish we could get a straight answer on whether they've solved the issue or not. I had assumed they would have sent me my first P3P back with a fixed shell, but no. And now I'm reading the P4s are having the same problems. As amazing as DJI is at R&D, this must be a serious issue with no easy answers since it's still around. At least they've always fixed it for free, even though it takes forever and a week.
Hmmmm, not good. Did you ever back-off the bolts slightly? I ask as this crack seems to've developed at the tip of the arm and worked its way across to the next point of failure, namely the motor bolt on the left. I think that when these bolts were installed little, if any form of accurate torque measurement were / are used and that results in occasional over-torquing of the bolts. I completely understand, given your experience, why you'd think its more prevalent than those, like me, who have not experienced the issue. Commiserations....

Numone, I've never touched any of the bolts, but I have also heard this theory. Seems hard to believe that if the problem were just that simple that DJI a. wouldn't have quit tightening them so much at the factory and b. wouldn't be telling everyone to do this to prevent cracks! But it might well be - who knows.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj