Phantom 3 Pro controller stick issues

Reaction score
Hi,

My Phantom 3 Pro has been dead for about a year. I finally sent it off to get fixed in the past few months, and it's finally back with me.

I've been installing the latest firmware tonight, but noticed that the 'resting' position of the right stick is way down. around half way between the bottom and where it should be.

I get the impression that the spring has been stretched out over time while it was sat at the repair place (and in transit), but i have no idea how to fix this.

Does anyone know if there's an easy method to adjust the tension on the spring(s) inside the controller? Sending it all off to be repaired again would be a headache I'd like to avoid if I can.

thanks

Last edited:
Look closely to see if the assembly, it's called a gimbal, has fallen down slightly into the case. If so, the plastic the controller is made from has broken. It is pretty common. The plastic is brittle.
There are springs that bring the stick back to center. One could have come loose of fallen off. They won't stretch from just sitting.

Look closely to see if the assembly, it's called a gimbal, has fallen down slightly into the case. If so, the plastic the controller is made from has broken. It is pretty common. The plastic is brittle.
There are springs that bring the stick back to center. One could have come loose of fallen off. They won't stretch from just sitting.

I've opened it up and a small bit of metal fell out. From what I can tell it's some kind of contact point within the stick mechanism.. I can't work out where it came from. Pictures attached.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new controller :/
IMG_20170421_231235.jpg
IMG_20170421_231247.jpg

That looks like the pin that hold one of the axis points. Compare it to the other side and you will see where that pin slides in. It should be right around where the spring attaches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers