Phantom 3 Pro - Backpack ?

The $40 ones you find on ebay are not much more then some cheap fabric and foam. The one in the video has sturdy foam and a hard exterior. One like that would probably run you $150 or more. The Pro (if it comes with a backpack) would be awesome because not only are you getting a better camera but a sweet backpack for an extra $250. I think it's worth it.

It's NOT coming with a backpack.

That backpack is not the one shown in the P3 launch. It was a hard case unit...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For those who didn't see, the backpack will be available to purchase as shown here:

https://store.dji.com/product/manfrotto-dji-35-pl

In the US it will be $329
In the UK it will be £319

This price will be reduced if brought with the Phantom 3 as part of a combo.

£319..:eek:.....o_O I cant imagine that DJI have sold many at that price point.

As Mad pointed out the one that the prerelease phantoms came in are like the one in the video, based on how competitive they have priced the P3, I would hope they will follow suite with the backpack at maybe around £100....fingers crossed..

This is the one i use and only cost me £40 quid...Fancier KingKong 40 Backpack.

cb211-1-1500.jpg
images.jpeg
images.jpeg

Last edited:
I know. I was commenting that IF it did, it'd be worth buying the Pro version just for that fact. Since it's not then I guess the decision on which to buy depends on what camera you want.
I checked with my contact at Power-Hobby and he told me he will have P3 ProCraft Backpacks in stock in 2-3 weeks for approx $160, they are very nice and hold up to 6 batteries as well as a tablet or goggles in addition to the normal stuff. Lots of external pockets and a nice comfy looking carry system. You can see the P2 version here http://www.powerhobby.com/procraft-...ision-puls-fieldline-alpha-ops-sandstone.html

I checked with my contact at Power-Hobby and he told me he will have P3 ProCraft Backpacks in stock in 2-3 weeks for approx $160, they are very nice and hold up to 6 batteries as well as a tablet or goggles in addition to the normal stuff. Lots of external pockets and a nice comfy looking carry system. You can see the P2 version here http://www.powerhobby.com/procraft-...ision-puls-fieldline-alpha-ops-sandstone.html

That one is pretty sweet. Once available I will certainly get one. Thanks!

This is the backpack that I'm saving for (Airport Helipak). I've used Think Tank Photo's products for years both professional and personally. Their stuff is bomb proof, well designed and high-quality manufacturing.

Airport-Helipak-4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, but not really a backpack, more like a suitcase, and only if you are going a short distance, no good for hiking 10 miles up into the mountains to get some footage. Great for the airport or hotel or to the local park, but I live in the foothills with 8000' mountains close by, not practicable.

Last edited:
This is the backpack that I'm saving for (Airport Helipak). I've used Think Tank Photo's products for years both professional and personally. Their stuff is bomb proof, well designed and high-quality manufacturing.

Airport-Helipak-4.jpg
That looks like my spare one that I had for my v+ from eBay although I'm sure the foam is much better quality. This time around I opted for something I can have multiple uses for. I ordered the Vanguard uprise II. It has pretty good reviews and I can take my dsrl with me. At less than $150 bucks why not give it a try? At least until the ones specific for the p3 come out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the one i use and only cost me £40 quid...Fancier KingKong 40 Backpack.

View attachment 17631 View attachment 17632 View attachment 17632

It rocks!!!
I had to get mine imported from the UK. It's well made and cheap in comparison to others. It has served me for almost a year and its faultless. You can also squeeze in an ipad in the laptop compartment. Got a hidden raincoat also.
Great for long hikes, overseas, and it will fit the P3 because it's configurable.
It has a camera rated padding, though I don't think it would survive if you rolled down a cliff with it.

I
It rocks!!!
I had to get mine imported from the UK. It's well made and cheap in comparison to others. It has served me for almost a year and its faultless. You can also squeeze in an ipad in the laptop compartment. Got a hidden raincoat also.
Great for long hikes, overseas, and it will fit the P3 because it's configurable.
It has a camera rated padding, though I don't think it would survive if you rolled down a cliff with it.
I found a local seller for that backpack on eBay. It seems like the Vanguard is a bit taller. How's the fitting of the v+ considering the motors are going against your back and the p3 is a bit taller. Also how is being held down. Does it have a padded velcro strap that goes across the Phantom to keep it down? . Thanks. I have the Vanguard on order but I'll return it if this one is good enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.