Phantom 3 phone compatability

Reaction score
I'm wanting to go ahead and buy a Phantom 3 but I can't seem to be able tofind a definitive answer to my question. I use a Windows phone and not an iphone, will I be able to operate a Phantom 3 from my phone or is it not possible? The alternative is that I use a Google Nexus 7 tablet which I have seen some comments about but again nothing definate. Any answers would be helpful!Thanks

You cannot fly a Phantom with a Windows phone.

So I would need an iphone? I read somewhere that a Nexus 7 Tablet would work can anyone confirm this please?

Harrumphh that's put a spanner in the works, I wasn't planning on having to buy a new phone as well as a drone. Will have to reconsider my options.

Yes -- as long as it's the 2013 model.

Hmm might be in luck with that alternatively I suppose I could buy a second hand iphone and use it just for a drone.

If you can download the app from the play store than you can use the device.

Just checked the tecnical stuff on my tablet at is the right year so it will be compatible with a Phatom3. Now to find a drone....
I think you'll be happier with the tablet as its a bit larger viewing screen. I used my iPhone at 1st but was just really cramped. I then went to my iPad mini which would have been better but it was the 1st gen. I just ordered a Samsung tab A 8"
Good luck on a new bird. I found a refurbished unit from DJI for only $314. This came just like a new unit. No where at all can you tell it was a returned unit (besides cost)
Packed like new and with same warranty.

Now I need the rain to stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20