Parachute Recovery..
I have recently been looking all over for A Parachute for My Phantom 3 A.
Living in the UK is virtually impossible..
I came across an Advert For - HUBSAN - For Their X4..
Similar Looking Drone, and Size etc of Phantom..
So I Took A Risk.. Bought One From Maplin..
As It was A £100 GBP($150 USD) ..
Didn't want to Hack it About..
When arrived , I Cut 2 x 4-5 inch Lengths of 12mm Carbon Fibre Tubes.
And Clamped the Parachute Housings Clamps to the Tubes..
Attached Them To The Back Of The Phantom with some Small short - Velcro Straps.. Could Use Zip Ties of Course..
Fits To The Back a treat..
Drone Flies as If it's not attached - Performance & Flying Wise,

As for the -
HUBSAN unit itself , easy to Find and Purchase..
Easy to install & IMO - it is very well designed..
Recharges via USB .. and Basically it automatically Spring releases the Chute - any Time the Drone is Inverted More Than 80 degrees..
I have not tested it on the Drone , by cutting engines etc..
But Just holding it , as Soon as you Turn the unit on its Side - It Powerfully Ejects The Chute..
The great Thing is - It is easy to Reset..
As many Times as you need, with no cost..
Compared with other options, available I Recomend this Item.. For anyone who wants this option as I Did ..
I can post photos etc if anyone is interested..
Thank u very much. Pls do post the pictures. We all will some how benefits from ur guide. Tks

I learned the hard way...parachutes don't always work

Attachments

• 1459622253647.jpg
    1459622253647.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 1459622273785.jpg
    1459622273785.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 1459622301190.jpg
    1459622301190.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 309
Why didn't work?
WHEN BAD TIME HITTING YOU..EVEN THE PLANE WITH FLY WILL FALL. WHEN THE BAD TIME HITTING US..DURING THAT TIME EVEN WHILE WE WALKING SOMEONE WILL KNOCK US DOWN. So, always never think we are 100 safe with anything.

I'm thinking of getting a mars parachute but don't want the worry of it auto deploying so how do you wire up a manual trigger ?

Do I still need that mayday device ? if so can auto deployment be turned off ?

Many thanks
you have to choose which to install...the manual or auto device..there is no option to choose one by installing both..the set up for manual and auto is completely different.

Why didn't work?
I'm not sure actually. I contacted mayday and I sent it out for diagnostics....since the p3 standard was done I got a p3 pro last night lol. Pending on to what mayday says I'm debating if I'll even reinstall the recovery system

I'm not sure actually. I contacted mayday and I sent it out for diagnostics....since the p3 standard was done I got a p3 pro last night lol. Pending on to what mayday says I'm debating if I'll even reinstall the recovery system
The parachute can safe the drone if someday it fail to fly smooth. But use the manual trigger rather the auto device. So, u can wait till it's safe at 100 meter high to on the manual. If u use auto trigger at 400 meters high.. Ur drone will drop a miles or two miles away from u.

I'm not sure actually. I contacted mayday and I sent it out for diagnostics....since the p3 standard was done I got a p3 pro last night lol. Pending on to what mayday says I'm debating if I'll even reinstall the recovery system[/QUOTE
****!! Sorry man, that sucks. How high was it and what made it fall?
the shop who installed say that auto device failed to function as it should. So, at 100 meters with slightest movement it triggered the parachute. So, I suggest u get manual so u trigger when the right time..

The parachute can safe the drone if someday it fail to fly smooth. But use the manual trigger rather the auto device. So, u can wait till it's safe at 100 meter high to on the manual. If u use auto trigger at 400 meters high.. Ur drone will drop a miles or two miles away from u.
TJ Alex what manual trigger did you go with? Do you have a link?

the shop who installed say that auto device failed to function as it should. So, at 100 meters with slightest movement it triggered the parachute. So, I suggest u get manual so u trigger when the right time..
Yeah I remember reading about yours. I was wondering what happened to his to begin with. Why it fell? Motor fail? and wondered how high it was as well?

You're right. At least it must come out. Then you can accept that something will go wrong but not that the parachute don't come out...

Yeah I remember reading about yours. I was wondering what happened to his to begin with. Why it fell? Motor fail? and wondered how high it was as well?
What happend what I just took off to went to about 180ft. I started having compass errors and wobbly looking flight. So I decided to take it down and calibrate the compass on the way down at about 100ft. (in a open area) I got 2 warnings for a propeller obstruction... 2 engines failed at the same time. So I immediately did an emergency engine cut to let the drone drop so the mayday board would see the fall. But it didn't. It crashed camera face first on a concrete sidewalk and bounced into my front yard.
After the crash I tested the mayday, and parachute and it worked flawlessly.

Lesson was learned. my new dji phantom 3 pro I got 48 hours ago will have a manual trigger.
Never trust a "automatic" parachute device. It's not worth the risk.. Or the money lost.

What happend what I just took off to went to about 180ft. I started having compass errors and wobbly looking flight. So I decided to take it down and calibrate the compass on the way down at about 100ft. (in a open area) I got 2 warnings for a propeller obstruction... 2 engines failed at the same time. So I immediately did an emergency engine cut to let the drone drop so the mayday board would see the fall. But it didn't. It crashed camera face first on a concrete sidewalk and bounced into my front yard.
After the crash I tested the mayday, and parachute and it worked flawlessly.

Lesson was learned. my new dji phantom 3 pro I got 48 hours ago will have a manual trigger.
Never trust a "automatic" parachute device. It's not worth the risk.. Or the money lost.
Yes i agree.. my mayday prematurely triggered the parachute and the mayday board maker did not responded and replaced my broken new phantom advance but later the shop who install did that.. now i m using manual trigger..never to trust mayday..

So what's the link for the manual trigger for the Mars parachute
The manual trigger is bit expensive but reliable too...u can wait and click when the time is right. the mayday may prematurely deploy the parachute due to some minor movements like what happened to me...my drone was flying well but all of sudden the mayday deploy the parachute while the drone is on the air...so, the string entangled with the propeller since the craft was still flying...and the parachute did not deployed fully and my drone crashed and it broken in pieces and i have to buy new drone...hmmmm...but later the shop gave me one since they are my good friend not the mayday maker who dumped me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers