I'm thinking of getting a mars parachute but don't want the worry of it auto deploying so how do you wire up a manual trigger ?

Do I still need that mayday device ? if so can auto deployment be turned off ?

Many thanks
The manual trigger device comes separately. It's like remote control device that u have to hold it. It has its own antenna too. All u have to do is.. If the drone stop n falling then grap the device n just click. It will deploy the parachute.
No need any mayday device. The Mars set up too comes with it own battery. Nothing to wire or connect to the drone. It's completely on it own.
I will try to upload video of the Mars n the device for better view. When u buy u know why to do.
I will upload the link today to u. Never connect the Mars to drone battery. It may cause bad news. But I cannot confirm that but to play safe better use separate battery. U will see my video. All the best.

Reactions: pete76uk
The manual trigger device comes separately. It's like remote control device that u have to hold it. It has its own antenna too. All u have to do is.. If the drone stop n falling then grap the device n just click. It will deploy the parachute.
No need any mayday device. The Mars set up too comes with it own battery. Nothing to wire or connect to the drone. It's completely on it own.
I will try to upload video of the Mars n the device for better view. When u buy u know why to do.
I will upload the link today to u. Never connect the Mars to drone battery. It may cause bad news. But I cannot confirm that but to play safe better use separate battery. U will see my video. All the best.
Looking forward to it .Do you have a link too ?

Exactly which 'manual trigger device' are you referring to? You've mentioned it a few times in this thread but have yet to elaborate on it.

Looking good! ,Where do I buy the parts for the trigger and do you know the distance limit ?

Also I didn't recognise the parachute ,Im wanting the mars mini v2 ,will it work with this ?
U can watch some clips at YouTube that they show the parachute. I m sure it will work in all phantom n those that the distributor can install. Just take ur bird n they will know. U can check with eBay n Amazon.. If the device not available near u. U can ask the shop to order for u. To make sure which Mars suits u. Better ask the shop to advice. Do not do it itself for some cheap things. Since the loser will b us if we installed a bad one.

The manual control device at 1:10 in your video ,Im new to the world of radio control ,sorry
I m sorry since I don't know how to put it. The remote control that u saw with antenna with the battery is the one that I refer as manual trigger since, if the drone stop at 200 meters altitude n falling then u can wait till 100 meters before u click the button of the remote device. So, once the parachute deployed ur drone will fall safely near to u. If u deployed at 200 meters or at 400 meters high. Ur drone may flown 2 miles away..

I m sorry since I don't know how to put it. The remote control that u saw with antenna with the battery is the one that I refer as manual trigger since, if the drone stop at 200 meters altitude n falling then u can wait till 100 meters before u click the button of the remote device. So, once the parachute deployed ur drone will fall safely near to u. If u deployed at 200 meters or at 400 meters high. Ur drone may flown 2 miles away..
Language barrier me thinks ! Yes but whats it called and where can I purchase it ?

Language barrier me thinks ! Yes but whats it called and where can I purchase it ?
Ha ha ha.. U r right.. Language barrier. But I m sure if u go to shops n show my videos they knows it. Or just type in Google Mars remote control n look the images. U will find the right name. But there are only two devices for Mars. One is the mayday n another one is the remote control in my video. I m sure any shop that dealing with drones knows it. U can find in eBay or Amazon or ask in forums. There are many dealers I m sure.

that's funny b/c I have the mayday board b/c I don't want the worry of having to deploy the parachute manually :)

Parachute Recovery..
I have recently been looking all over for A Parachute for My Phantom 3 A.
Living in the UK is virtually impossible..
I came across an Advert For - HUBSAN - For Their X4..
Similar Looking Drone, and Size etc of Phantom..
So I Took A Risk.. Bought One From Maplin..
As It was A £100 GBP($150 USD) ..
Didn't want to Hack it About..
When arrived , I Cut 2 x 4-5 inch Lengths of 12mm Carbon Fibre Tubes.
And Clamped the Parachute Housings Clamps to the Tubes..
Attached Them To The Back Of The Phantom with some Small short - Velcro Straps.. Could Use Zip Ties of Course..
Fits To The Back a treat..
Drone Flies as If it's not attached - Performance & Flying Wise,

As for the -
HUBSAN unit itself , easy to Find and Purchase..
Easy to install & IMO - it is very well designed..
Recharges via USB .. and Basically it automatically Spring releases the Chute - any Time the Drone is Inverted More Than 80 degrees..
I have not tested it on the Drone , by cutting engines etc..
But Just holding it , as Soon as you Turn the unit on its Side - It Powerfully Ejects The Chute..
The great Thing is - It is easy to Reset..
As many Times as you need, with no cost..
Compared with other options, available I Recomend this Item.. For anyone who wants this option as I Did ..
I can post photos etc if anyone is interested..

I have over 50 flights with the Mayday/ Mars Mini system and no issues whatsoever!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458531518.553120.jpg

Parachute Recovery..
I have recently been looking all over for A Parachute for My Phantom 3 A.
Living in the UK is virtually impossible..
I came across an Advert For - HUBSAN - For Their X4..
Similar Looking Drone, and Size etc of Phantom..
So I Took A Risk.. Bought One From Maplin..
As It was A £100 GBP($150 USD) ..
Didn't want to Hack it About..
When arrived , I Cut 2 x 4-5 inch Lengths of 12mm Carbon Fibre Tubes.
And Clamped the Parachute Housings Clamps to the Tubes..
Attached Them To The Back Of The Phantom with some Small short - Velcro Straps.. Could Use Zip Ties of Course..
Fits To The Back a treat..
Drone Flies as If it's not attached - Performance & Flying Wise,

As for the -
HUBSAN unit itself , easy to Find and Purchase..
Easy to install & IMO - it is very well designed..
Recharges via USB .. and Basically it automatically Spring releases the Chute - any Time the Drone is Inverted More Than 80 degrees..
I have not tested it on the Drone , by cutting engines etc..
But Just holding it , as Soon as you Turn the unit on its Side - It Powerfully Ejects The Chute..
The great Thing is - It is easy to Reset..
As many Times as you need, with no cost..
Compared with other options, available I Recomend this Item.. For anyone who wants this option as I Did ..
I can post photos etc if anyone is interested..
Looks a good option , please will you post pics and video of the deployment whilst holding when you can as the maplin website only had 1 picture .

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl