Phantom 3 P/A - fixed wing mode?

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Anyone know if the P3P/A has (or will get) the "fixed wing mode" I've seen on the Mavic?

Thanks...

--

Bill

As both are discontinued models it's highly unlikely that DJI will do anything for the P3.

Crash...

Good point. But of course they are still "supported" models, so firmware updates/fixes are probably still part of DJI's plans...maybe.

--

Bill

I believe ,and do feel free to correct me, that the P3 is no longer supported so there would be no more firmwares released for the range, i do believe however that the P3 Standard is still supported, this comes from the fact that you can't buy the advanced or pro but can still buy the standard.

Crash...

I think we are defining "supported" differently. DJI will, I'd think for a long time, continue to make parts, do repairs, etc, (on the P3P/A) even though the particular model is no longer being sold new...just like an automobile manufacturer would for a car that's no longer made, just like Apple would for any of a bunch of older iPhones, iPads, computers, etc...I call that "supported"...now whether that means a new firmware will be introduced with new features, who knows.

--

Bill

Reactions: crash1sttime
It's seems reasonable that they would add fixed wing mode. The Phantom is more than capable of using that mode. It is pretty fun to use fixed wing mode on a quad.

Was flying the P4P earlier today and was disappointed that FW didn't make it into the last update ... my Mavic will be back next week though...

It's seems reasonable that they would add fixed wing mode. The Phantom is more than capable of using that mode. It is pretty fun to use fixed wing mode on a quad.

I think the main reason it will is because the FPV goggles will be a better experience with it.

Sorry its seems to be a waste of time, & not for a flying camera!!

Sorry its seems to be a waste of time, & not for a flying camera!!

Sometimes I want to just zoom around. I'll play with it on my MP when I get it back. Has one annoying side effect.

Say you've assigned C1/C2 to particular uses. eg: C1: Gimbal fullup/down; C2: exposure menu.

Go into FW mode and C2 is assigned to exit the FW mode. (C1 is assigned to start FW once you've "armed" it by forward speed).

Exit FW mode (C2). C1 and C2 are now reset to default C1/C2 settings - not your original settings.​

That is amazingly incompetent. And we're talking about DJI so the incompetency bar was pretty hard to reach.

Crash...

...I call that "supported"...now whether that means a new firmware will be introduced with new features, who knows.

--

Bill

Hi Bill

Done some googling and can only find mention of support in relation to repairs and technical support. Guess that may mean that they won't release any new FW's, but as always we can live in hope I suppose. Can't see why they can still offer FW's for the P3 range as it can't be much different to the mavic.

Hi Bill

Done some googling and can only find mention of support in relation to repairs and technical support. Guess that may mean that they won't release any new FW's, but as always we can live in hope I suppose. Can't see why they can still offer FW's for the P3 range as it can't be much different to the mavic.

Integrating features backward over very different s/w branches can be very expensive.

Reactions: crash1sttime
No and no intention of trying.... :) - I have aircraft for that - these are flying cameras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31