Phantom 3 over Frankfurt, Germany

Reaction score
Filmed over two days in Frankfurt. A collection of short and simple clips of the area where I'm staying at. Filmed using the phantom 3 professional drone. No grading of video was done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantom 3 Professional
1080P, ISO100
1/50s, 24fps
Polarpro Polarise & ND4 filter
Vivid setting
Edited using iMovie on iPhone 6 Plus

Reactions: gez
Filmed over two days in Frankfurt. A collection of short and simple clips of the area where I'm staying at. Filmed using the phantom 3 professional drone. No grading of video was done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantom 3 Professional
1080P, ISO100
1/50s, 24fps
Polarpro Polarise & ND4 filter
Vivid setting
Edited using iMovie on iPhone 6 Plus

A nice presentation of that part of Frankfurt were you stayed. Nice filming.

But I have a question. Is it allowed in Germany to fly the way you did? Over houses, over roads and in crowded part of the city.
This type of flying is absolutely forbidden in the Netherlands and very often Germany has stronger safety-rules then the Netherlands.

A nice presentation of that part of Frankfurt were you stayed. Nice filming.

But I have a question. Is it allowed in Germany to fly the way you did? Over houses, over roads and in crowded part of the city.
This type of flying is absolutely forbidden in the Netherlands and very often Germany has stronger safety-rules then the Netherlands.
Well I've read some of the rules from various places and there isn't a strict rule on whether you can or cannot fly over buildings. It seems like as long as your drone is used for private purposes and is not more than a certain weight the rules will be less strict. It is more serious if you are using a heavy drone and for commercial purposes.

Whenever I fly, I hover close to the ground first to test out engines and controls. Then I check to see the reaction of people around me. Most seem not to care. Those who care usually will come up to me and ask what toy I'm flying. Today a woman at the "castle-like" structure asked me if I was doing "photo?" I said yes and she smiled and seemed pleased.

Nevertheless, there will always be risks involved, that's why I chose to fly early in the morning when the human traffic is the least.

Well I've read some of the rules from various places and there isn't a strict rule on whether you can or cannot fly over buildings. It seems like as long as your drone is used for private purposes and is not more than a certain weight the rules will be less strict. It is more serious if you are using a heavy drone and for commercial purposes.

Whenever I fly, I hover close to the ground first to test out engines and controls. Then I check to see the reaction of people around me. Most seem not to care. Those who care usually will come up to me and ask what toy I'm flying. Today a woman at the "castle-like" structure asked me if I was doing "photo?" I said yes and she smiled and seemed pleased.

Nevertheless, there will always be risks involved, that's why I chose to fly early in the morning when the human traffic is the least.

It seems that according to the "Civilian drones and the legal issues surrounding their use -" Germany is less strict then the Netherlands in this aspect.

Let me be more specific about the Netherlands.
It is not allowed to fly in cities above or very near to densely packed houses, offices and so on.
You may fly in open spaces, parks etc but you have to keep a distance of at least 30 to 50 m from the nearest buildings.
It is not allowed to fly above city streets unless there is a speed limit of 30km/hour.
You may only fly during daylight hours.

There are of course a lot more rules but they are not relevant for this topic.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers