Phantom 3 no go

Reaction score
Just got a Phantom 3, transmitter works but shows a red not green light, aircraft battery switches on then immediately off again. Anybody know what's wrong?

Both should have enough charge to turn them on right out of the box. You should completely charge both before flying though.

aircraft battery switches on then immediately off again
Did you see the instructions on the battery label? You need to press the battery button, release it, and press and hold it. Pressing it and releasing it just shows you the current charge level.

Batteries are fully charged, I tried the second battery with the same result. I don't understand why the transmitter is fully charged yet showing a red light.

Batteries are fully charged, I tried the second battery with the same result. I don't understand why the transmitter is fully charged yet showing a red light.

are you correctly pushing the power button on the quad?
it is a 2 step process. push release and push/hold for a second or so

once you power the quad properly the red light light issue will resolve on RC

Battery on quad, short push followed by a two second push: initially one light comes on, then all four and back to one light which goes out within two seconds. Battery on transmitter shows four white lights but the separate left light is red. Batteries charged but I will put them on again to be sure.

Battery on transmitter shows four white lights but the separate left light is red.
That's a good sign. It's red because the remote controller is disconnected from your Phantom.

Battery on quad, short push followed by a two second push
Try the short push faster.

Might be a good idea to read the manual before you go any further.:)

Thank you for that, no manual included in the box, I have just downloaded it. Cheers

Hi Everyone, found the problem, batteries were almost discharged. After a session charging them all is now good. Thanks again.

Hi Everyone, found the problem, batteries were almost discharged. After a session charging them all is now good. Thanks again.

curious

how did it go from this "
"Batteries are fully charged, I tried the second battery with the same result..."

to this:
found the problem, batteries were almost discharged.

good luck and have fun flying!

I expected the batteries to be charged enough to at least demonstrate all was well. This proved not to be the case. After fully charging each battery and the Tx, everything now seems to work. First flight today hopefully.

Good to hear. Welcome. The Phantom is fun and a joy to fly. Great information here on this forum with people that pitch in to help. As you seen, never assume anything and also note; start your flight with 100% fully charged battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers