Phantom 3 malfunction and crash (flight record video)

Thanks guys. Makes sense, you read about the .00001% here. So where would you recommend I purchase from? I live in a suburb of Atlanta (Alpharetta). I've read that purchasing through Amazon is good, but most are supplied throwing other third parties. I have also read that Advexure is good. Who would you recommend I buy the P3A from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drones etc through amazon . Both companies are great at what they do . Gives you double protection !!

Glad to know you can't make a comment here without having your posts deleted. I'll write this so I don't upset anyone. An unnamed company still after over two months has yet to repair or replace my quadcopter, nor has returned communications.

Quite frustrating.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Glad to know you can't make a comment here without having your posts deleted. I'll write this so I don't upset anyone. An unnamed company still after over two months has yet to repair or replace my quadcopter, nor has returned communications.

Quite frustrating.
All anti DJI comments are removed . What do you expect from a communist company lol

Reactions: Indymzd
I agree. DJI finally sent me an email from their zendesk on July 2 stating that they recieved it after it had been delivered to them for about two weeks. I think I might just sell it when I get it back. It's just not worth the hassle dealing with their non existence customer service. I had my P3 for two weeks before mine went. I wish I would have kept my vision.

Well I said I would post an update with the final resolution. My P3 will be here 8/18/15 with no out of pocket expense. I'm totally surprised. I just knew they were going to be digging in my wallet. So I satisfied with my results. Can't wait to fly

I still have no update or resolution from unnamed company. I was promised an update two weeks ago from management, which they they never called or returned with an email. Going to follow up next week. At this point, it's just laughable how ridiculous the service is. I'll never purchase anything from this company again.

My unit was checked in on 6/17/15 and I had no correspondence from the company. I called to check in with the number they provided in the zendesk email. If you have not set up your account with the zendesk I would do so. It just gives you updates on your status, and you can email them directly. Anyway, after repeated call attempts back back to back for at least 20 minutes I did finally get a rep on the phone. After explaining that they had my unit for two months he explained that they were in process of moving their HQ and were a little behind and I should receive an email when repairs are complete. I received an email the following day stating that the repairs are complete. They stated they replaced the main board and the shell, and it was shipped the same day. I will post copy's of email conversation

J.V. June 17, 2015 19:01

Dear Ghetto Bird

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

Ghettobird Wednesday at 08:37

I would like to know the status of my drone I think it's been over six weeks and just would like an updated status

D. S. Yesterday at 12:56

Dear Ghettobird,

Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the main board and shell were damaged. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

So I would say that I'm satisfied with DJI. Yes I think it was a little bit long roughly about eight weeks but that's to be expected so I think I'm highly satisfied I didn't pay for any return shipping and I didn't have any out-of-pocket expenses. I don't know if it was something wrong with the Phantom itself so maybe no user error. when. they did say they replaced the main board so i guess they do honor their warranty. I would just suggest calling that 800 # and be prepared to continue calling non stop for at least 30 minutes and maybe that will get the ball rolling faster

Reactions: cmyk22
I had a P3P do the same thing last week. I was in an open field in the middle of the country with safe to fly conditions, no wind and clear a sky. I was around 180 feet up and took one picture then continued on and it went on its own. It hit a v.s. of 66 mph and also said I was -528 ft for height. Sent it back to DJI yesterday.

HOLY *@#$*&% that kml file is BRILLIANT!!!!! It proves I didn't hit anything! I wish I could overlay the animation on it so you could see the speeds. But that 3D tracking line along with the video:

Is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing that site I've been looking for it forever.

Wow! It reverses the spin more than once! How does that happen?

Sir, I applaud your candor with us. And what a Flying Lesson Learned, here.

Those of us that fly under Federal training, know, it is the cascade from small small things over looked that can lead to very serious consequences in rotorcraft.

But, what I don't get is if you lost that piece of prop before you got cut on the arm, how did it fly at all, when you ran it the second time?.

I discovered the exact cause of crash for *MY* P3Pro incident!

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this!!! But it was indeed user error!

...during my previous flight, I wanted to land exactly where I took off from! I came down about 3 feet away from it and so attempted to reposition, got a little too heavy on the non-throttle stick, drug the throne across the ground, and flipped the copter upside down from 0 altitude. No biggie. But when I picked it up by the throne, there was enough throttle and prop RPM that it swung around on me and cut my forearm up. ( stock plastic props, 2 scratches) I didn't think anything of it, cut power, put the battery on the charger and cleaned up my arm. An hour later after battery was charged I attempted to fly again and had this incident. ( and yes, I even recalibrated the compass)

After the incident I removed the props and checked the battery/engines for RPM and noted no difference between the four. This all happened on the 28th.

So, as I mentioned before, I took this time to order prop guards, peruse YouTube, and join this forum. Well, the guards came today on the 31st ( I ordered the SummitLink kits in Red/White and Orange/Black) and I put on the white and black guards. While replacing the props, I noticed this ---

image1-jpg.20604

...this was the prop on the right rear motor!!!

So I went out to look!

Was the missing piece in the area of the neighbor's tree? Or where I flipped it over?

YEAH! It was where I flipped it over!

DOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell did I miss THAT!?

*I'm so ashamed!*

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub