Phantom 3 love / disapointed

Reaction score
My copter Phantom 3 has been a jewel until I removed the crash guards for better video use and the P3 screws must have hit the motors. I am at a total loss now, what a bummer. I am not certain what to do as some screws are not coming back out now.

Yes, this is a common issue. It's important to use the original motor screws after removing the prop guards. If you know how to solder, you can fix the problem by replacing any of the motors where you drove the long screws through the motor coils.

Replacement motors can be purchased on Amazon, eBay, or from many authorized DJI dealers. Here are the parts you'll need:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443845769.068556.jpg

Here's a video showing how to replace a motor:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a common issue. It's important to use the original motor screws after removing the prop guards. If you know how to solder, you can fix the problem by replacing any of the motors where you drove the long screws through the motor coils.

Replacement motors can be purchased on Amazon, eBay, or from many authorized DJI dealers. Here are the parts you'll need:
View attachment 76143

Here's a video showing how to replace a motor:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for the response, I do have the original screws out of the bag that reads P3. My new challenge is this, when I use those they do start to hang up as if the LOCKTITE takes up to much space.
DJI will pick it for free and I am good with solder, but I am wondering since all threads in all motors seem ruined... I might just send it in.
I am rather stumped, I did get a new motor in today. If all 16 screws do not go back in correctly, I'm stumped again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31