Phantom 3 left stick to bottom right corner = motors shut off

Reaction score
So I know on the phantom three is like a fail safe switch pretty much that if you put the left stick to the bottom right and hold it there all propellers shut off! I am worried that it might happen during mid flight or when it is at a high altitude or far away from me! Is anybody able to tell me what happens if they have tried shutting it off midflight does it actually kill the motors in the air? And also is there a way to be able to shut that function off so I do not lose my phantom midflight over something so silly, only wondering this because I do a lot of overwater flying and I do not want to even be tempted to cancel the motors during a flight!

706abd20edb1e135983a86bb8f6b2f22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Left stick down or down and in will not shut off motors in flight, ever.
Only when it has stopped descending (landed) will left stick down kill motors after about 3 seconds.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Also, do not push left stick in when doing this to stop motors on ground. Left stick fully Down only!! Otherwise tipping or other nasties could occur.

OK I am just wondering because in the phantom flight simulator if you pull the stick down and to the right in midflight it will crash the drone and the motors will shut off in the air until it smashes into the ground

OK I am just wondering because in the phantom flight simulator if you pull the stick down and to the right in midflight it will crash the drone and the motors will shut off in the air until it smashes into the ground
It shouldn't.
It should only send your Phantom into a fast downward spiral.
Here's the relevant section of the manual.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

Reactions: N017RW
in the phantom flight simulator if you pull the stick down and to the right in midflight it will crash the drone and the motors will shut off in the air until it smashes into the ground
That should only happen when you do a CSC.

OK that's what I was wondering so if I do the stick command in mid air the drone will crash into the ground!

Yes, it will drop like a rock.

If you do that in flight you had other problems. Putting all 4 channels in full lock is not something you'd ever need or want to do.

You are right just curious if there was an option to take that away! Much appreciated with the responses guys

You shouldn't need to disable it, nor do I recommend that you do. However, if you choose to you can check out this option:
CSC Safety - Phantom Help

Also, are you an Impractical Jokers fan?

Reactions: JoBe
Crap! Wish there was a way to disable that!

In flight maneuvers you would never likely put the sticks in this CSC position. That would be a very bizarre combination of commands if you think about it - left stick fully down and in, would be rapid descent also spiralling clockwise....right stick fully down and in at the same time would be full speed reverse at 8pm (south-south west) if the drone was facing away from pilot (if you know what i mean!)

This combination of pilot commands simultaneously would be highly unusual and ironically would be a sort of 'kamikaze pilot' type of piloting in any case. I think DJI have kinda helped that along by deciding that the CSC stick position will immediately cut the motors, and if u do this in flight ur AC is a gonna anyway! [emoji13]
I have never had the urge, nor the need to move the sticks to that position....as yet. Hope i dont develop some nervous turrets type compulsion after writing this...[emoji51]

Reactions: djichrispy23
I can say that a few times in my case, I have initiated a CSC down and in after landing so that not being perfectly coordinated with that input, the drone has flipped over and tore up a set of props. Especially worse on windy days. The full stick down after a manual touch down is a lot safer if Autolanding after positioning isn't to be used.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj