Phantom 3 LED lighting

You could even get some COB leds than are 3-4 Volt and use a tiny 1S battery to power them.
I have a tiny strobe LED module from FLYTRON that is visible for 2-3 miles at night. It runs off a 1S battery about the size of a quarter, I have let it run to see how long the battery will last, after around 24 hours I cut it off. But of course a constant on state would be a fraction of that, but I am sure it will last for two or more flights. If not you can have spare batteries and swap them out when you swap out the P3 battery. 1S batteries are literally five for $10.
I have drawers full of all kinds or lipos and leds, led strips, led strobes, multi color leds, i should put something together. But ehhhh

I don't think you are getting what I'm trying to get to. Small capacity batteries are definately not going to get me there. I think big and thinking big will get the job done. (That's how we got to the moon). I know I'm not there yet, but I'm on a good track. My full time job takes all my spare life. Plus I'm having fun, and that's the target. Here is what I hope to be able to get close to. Money is not the object, the results are.

Nope. I guess we are not getting it. Since you never mentioned doing any of that.
Good luck?

Yes...
Went ahead and doubled the LED count. Waiting for the rain to stop to test fly. Thing is, when I turn them on and look... I can't see anything for 15 minutes..
20170326_234539.jpg

I don't think you are getting what I'm trying to get to. Small capacity batteries are definately not going to get me there. I think big and thinking big will get the job done. (That's how we got to the moon). I know I'm not there yet, but I'm on a good track. My full time job takes all my spare life. Plus I'm having fun, and that's the target. Here is what I hope to be able to get close to. Money is not the object, the results are.
Love it, thank you for sharing!

Yes...
Went ahead and doubled the LED count. Waiting for the rain to stop to test fly. Thing is, when I turn them on and look... I can't see anything for 15 minutes..View attachment 79259

Great effort and I'm following this thread with admiration. But I'm afraid you're approaching the point of diminishing return where all the wiring and redundant LED drivers take up half the weight of the whole light system.

I'm a little confused, are you going for Flood or Throw lighting? If flood I suggest you experiment with reflectors and lens similar to this. But if you going for flood then a bare COB LED like this would cut down on drivers and wires.

Yes I'm crazy kiwi,,yes I know it looks like s###t,,,but works well ,,do a lot of evening flights,,and it helps[emoji102]

quick sample of a very short flight 96 LEDs the weight of the battery and light panels is still manageable

Updated flight. 16 modules, 96 LED's. Next will be working on a focus system, at least a reflector.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie