Phantom 3 LED lighting

With cells, how much does the entire assembly weigh?
Unknown. The batteries weigh a bit. I'll bring it with me to work tonight and weigh it in a shipping area with digital scales in grams.

Just a pic of mine,STILL waitin 4 strobe light off ebay so i got this cheap lightweight pushbike light,,and very effective,,glued it to camera lock that came with drone just clips on and off landin gear and far back enough not to anoy the vpsView attachment 78772
How much and where can I get lights and how to put on my drone

How much and where can I get lights and how to put on my drone
Hi i got these from $$2 shop very liteweight and bright,,never had to change batt yet,,2x1:5 aaa batts,,couple cable ties to secure,,still waitin on proper strobes from ebay,,:)
1490049257653-330174010.jpg

Nice I see you have 2 Phantoms where can I find? I want the strobes to.
Sorry 4 delay doin 10 things at once got 4 phantoms but 3 still go and couple others,,i got mine which havent arived yet from ebay nz,,have a look there is so many to choose from,,

Sorry 4 delay doin 10 things at once got 4 phantoms but 3 still go and couple others,,i got mine which havent arived yet from ebay nz,,have a look there is so many to choose from,,
I read some reviews on some lights in Amazon with the lights not being fitted tight and the battery pack being placed on top of drone which could come off mid air and possibly hit the rotors causing a crash which makes some lights not worth destroying your drone.

I read some reviews on some lights in Amazon with the lights not being fitted tight and the battery pack being placed on top of drone which could come off mid air and possibly hit the rotors causing a crash which makes some lights not worth destroying your drone.
Yeh i just crashed ,,knocked my drone off the bench by accident ,ha,hope it ok:eek: gezz yeh some battries and set ups r amazin but if like u say something go wrong$$$$$$$$$$:)

Check ebay for headlights or strobes for bicycles. They are cheap, bright and light. Super easy to install with some velcro or zip ties.

Ok I know nothing about wiring these lights . I like them . A 3 c lipo explain?
Sorry, that should have been a 3S battery. Which means three cell or 12 volt lipo.
These are driverless COB (chip on board) leds. They do not require an led driver to power them, you can power them straight from a power source. Like a battery. All you have to do is solder on the positive and negative power leads and a battery connection.
These COB leds come in a variety of configurations. You can even find some slim enough to attach to the length of the landing gear. They are mounted to an aluminum strip for heat transfer, so they are a little bendable. And can be made to fit the contours of the P3 body.
These burn extremely bright. The ones I posted have, I think, 24 individual micro led chips in that yellow portion.
Search on eBay or Google for COB Leds. Or COB LED strips. You can learn something new today. [emoji2]

With cells, how much does the entire assembly weigh?
Weighed on a digital scale the whole thing weighs 5oz. Batteries each weigh 43 grams. The batteries are centered on drones midsection as low as possible. There was no indication during flight of the added weight.

Last edited:
Here is a 6800mah cell 12 volts. I may try this with added light strips. The voltage regulator can be adjusted to reduce voltage to the 5.5 volts. I have two of these for my amps already.
Amazon.com : DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack : Camera & Photo
That seems like overkill. Just get a small three cell lipo pack. It will cost you $10. and last way longer than you need. Also it will be lighter than a huge 6800mah battery.
But whatever I guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1