Phantom 3 initial setup

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a first-time drone user, having problems getting my P3 Standard set up. I do not need the camera, which I have removed and intend to sell. I am unable to get the remote to communicate with the drone. Is it possible to fly these things manually, i.e., without using a smartphone? I'm not even able to get the drone propellers to power up. I have 4 green LED's on the remote, but the main LED next to the 'Power' switch stays red. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

You will need the DJIGO app to activate your phantom, after that you should be able to fly without camera, why in earth would you want remove the camera / app feature?

First time owner myself. I think your RC may not be linked to your Phantom.
See this video on how to link it (Skip to 2 min. mark):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Victor1959
Flying the Phantom without the Go app is not recommended. The app shows you any errors and the current state of the Phantom. If you are flying without the camera and without the app and especially without experience flying drones then I'd say it's only a matter of time before the drone crashes or "flies away". The Phantoms are _not_ meant to be flown like this. If you really wanted a drone without an app or camera then you probably could have bought a different drone for far less money.

I would _strongly_ recommend that you read through the manual at least twice, watch several Youtube videos on the operation of the Phantom and also use the Go app at all times when flying.

Lacking the above, I don't see that P3S lasting very long (if it made it beyond 5 flights, I'd be surprised).

The issue you have is the remote is not linked to the P3. The issues you WILL have is, if you need to calibrate the compass, if you want to calibrate the IMU, if you want to use waypoints, if you want to not have a dead battery and forced autoland while flying. I could go on.

Hello, I'm a first-time drone user, having problems getting my P3 Standard set up. I do not need the camera, which I have removed and intend to sell. I am unable to get the remote to communicate with the drone. Is it possible to fly these things manually, i.e., without using a smartphone? I'm not even able to get the drone propellers to power up. I have 4 green LED's on the remote, but the main LED next to the 'Power' switch stays red. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I am a little confused, why would you buy a P3S and remove the camera? Why not just get a P2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.