Phantom 3 hit by kite, totally destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just came back from the beach, after a stupid kite flew into my home lock path and wrecked my copter. I even tried to dodge it, seeing it racing towards me. I then watched helplessly as the kite and drone fell to the earth in a tangled mess and got hit by a SEMI TRUCK. The drone is unrecognizable but the camera and memory card somehow survived. I don't know what to do now, do I call DJI? Do I return it back to best buy since I just bought it a week ago?! What should I do please help!!!
view

wow sorry to see that... a kite and a truck in one flight. That's is real bad luck for sure.

Not sure what DJI or Best Buy could/would do about this though.
Maybe the other driver(kite) has some responsibility here but most likely it will be on you in the end. sorry to say, since it doesn't appear any defect or failure of the drone to caused the crash based on your story.

good luck!

So what really wrecked the Phantom--the kite or the truck? I'm guessing the truck. Problem is that it seems everyone had the right to be where they were doing what they were doing. So put it down to bad luck and go buy a new Phantom! I would be surprised if DJI or the seller accepted responsibility for this accident--but good luck!

wow sorry to see that... a kite and a truck in one flight. That's is real bad luck for sure.

Not sure what DJI or Best Buy could/would do about this though.
Maybe the other driver(kite) has some responsibility here but most likely it will be on you in the end. sorry to say, since it doesn't appear any defect or failure of the drone to caused the crash based on your story.

good luck!

Might as well start looking for just the bird, that's the worst I've ever seen...I'm interested in the circumstances though, how'd it end up going into the roadway? Is that a standard? Ouch...sorry, that really is bad-maybe credit card protection? The battery still looks alright, and the controller is worth something,

I don't know. A little gorilla glue and some duct tape and you will be back up in the air in no time. But for real, sorry to hear and see that. That there is some rare bad luck indeed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a standard. Flew it 1km away, no mods. Still could go farther. There was a fairly decent wind up there, so I headed back. I used home lock, but I might have been able to save it if I hadn't. I tried to dodge it, but I couldn't because it was in home lock. Lesson is: 1. Don't fly it near roads or kites. 2. Don't use home lock unless absolutely necessary. That was all that remained. The rest was literally 200 bits of plastic floating into the air... It was atomized.

That is some REALLY bad luck! Sorry, dude. But you ain't getting another one from them, I would be gobsmacked if you did.

Reactions: 750r
I don't think I'd have been flying directly over the crowded beach. Perhaps 100ft off shore you would have avoid people and kites. Sure sorry about the loss of your craft though, that's a bad one.

Reactions: random-phantom
You can find the standard body only on ebay for around $150. How does your gimbal look? You may be able to put it on a new body and not be out that much money.

Good Lord man! Poor thing never had a chance. Sorry for your loss..

Wow, really sorry for your loss. One option is to buy a new shell as others have mentioned, you could also buy just the aircraft without the gimbal and hang on to the old parts for spares, or sell to recover some of the cost.

I just came back from the beach, after a stupid kite flew into my home lock path and wrecked my copter. I even tried to dodge it, seeing it racing towards me.

I'm sorry for your loss but let's be clear... _you_ wreaked the Phantom, not anyone else. If you are going to fly around other people then you need to make sure you are clear at all times. This can be the price any of us pay when we fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj