Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
Man, I'm in the same situation as you. I have a phantom 3 pro and I purchased the HDMI board, installed it, and it doesn't work. I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of setting in the DJI GO application that I need to change to get the video to go to my iPad air 2 and my HDMI out as well. Does anyone have any input or experience with this? I feel like I just wasted $100 on the HDMI upgrade board that doesn't work. It would be nice if DJI would send some instructions with this stuff.

The HDMI output work. I used the HDMI output with headplay but it is pixelate. I read somewhere to disable the osd and hdmi dual output in the app and the video come crisp. But I don't have those choice to disable in the app.

Do you have those option available in your app?

No, I don't have any HDMI output or dual output settings in my DJI Go app. I wonder if anyone that's successfully used this new HDMI output board can shed some light on the situation.

You can turn the HDMI output from the P3 and OSD on / off through the DJI Pilot app or the new DJI GO app. (I have tested the HDMI board with iOS app versions 1.1.2, 1.2.0, and the GO app.)

Try checking that your aspect ratio from the camera and the goggles are set to the same value (16:9 or 4:3). Also, the quality of your HDMI cable can effect the quality of the video image.

Good luck.

:harry
Where is the setting in the app to turn on or off the HDMI output? I've installed the board, but cannot get it to work. Either my board is broken, or the HDMI out doesn't work with the new DJI GO, or there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Thoughts?

I just upgrade to dji go and the option of HDMI output and OSD on/off is not available. I got the Inspire's Radio which has an HDMI output.

Does someone else have a phantom 3 with an Inspire's radio that can confirm that this option is not available in the app?
It looks like DJI screwed us and left the option out of the new DJI Go application. So it looks like now I have an HDMI board that I just purchased, and is useless with the new app.

I don't think so. But if you look in HD frequency it should sppear. But i don't have those option.

To used your hdmi, you only have to connect your monitor ln hdmi port and wait for 10 sec and you should see video on your monitor.

It's in there. My HDMI monitor is working fine in my DJIGO app.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I don't think so. But if you look in HD frequency it should sppear. But i don't have those option.

To used your hdmi, you only have to connect your monitor ln hdmi port and wait for 10 sec and you should see video on your monitor.
Unfortunately I've tried everything and nothing works. Just trying to see if I'm the only one with this problem, or if others are experiencing it as well.

i guess I'll be sending back my HDMI output module then, because it definitely doesn't work. I was just hoping there was some magical setting in the app that someone could tell about to make it work.

Here's what I see using my iPad Mini 3 and the DJI GO app with my HDMI board installed and the Mini connected to my controller and everything on.

Open the general settings window (three small bars in the extreme upper right corner of the app frame.)

Touch the HD icon.

Immediately below the channel spectrum you should see touch switches for: Simultaneous output to app and HDMI; OSD display on/off; and Metric / imperial units on HDMI output.

If you see the channel spectrum display but not the HDMI OSD switches then either the board is bad or the ribbon cables are not correctly seated.

The HDMI switches are located in the app and are activated by the presence of the HDMI board.

Here's what I see using my iPad Mini 3 and the DJI GO app with my HDMI board installed and the Mini connected to my controller and everything on.

Open the general settings window (three small bars in the extreme upper right corner of the app frame.)

Touch the HD icon.

Immediately below the channel spectrum you should see touch switches for: Simultaneous output to app and HDMI; OSD display on/off; and Metric / imperial units on HDMI output.

If you see the channel spectrum display but not the HDMI OSD switches then either the board is bad or the ribbon cables are not correctly seated.

The HDMI switches are located in the app and are activated by the presence of the HDMI board.

Thanks for the reply, it definitely looks like DJI sent me a dead board because I don't have those options. I've checked all of the cables, reseated the board, and still nothing. Very frustrating. : /

Is there any documentation on this HDMI board? I received mine, in a box with no instruction whatsoever. I looked on the DJI site, and cannot seem to find any instructions either.

Is there any documentation on this HDMI board? I received mine, in a box with no instruction whatsoever. I looked on the DJI site, and cannot seem to find any instructions either.

If your looking for installation instructions, a quick google search would turn up Blade Strike's original tutorial.

The app settings will be visible after the board is installed and your tablet / phone is connected to you controller and both are turned on and communication with each other.:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2422113

Reactions: bobmyers
I do not recommend you purchase and install the HDMI board on the Advanced model because the live view bit rate is too low and your HDMI monitor will show all the compression artifacts and blur more than viewing on a smaller phone.

I do not recommend you purchase and install the HDMI board on the Advanced model because the live view bit rate is too low and your HDMI monitor will show all the compression artifacts and blur more than viewing on a smaller phone.

I'm glad you've found this problem with the 3A as when I return early next year to the UK I was going to get one also the HDMI monitor for goggles but unless this problem is solved by then it's going to be a tossup between a 3P or the Q500 4k

Where is it documented that the bit rate differs between the Pro and the Advanced?

Here is a short clip showing the HDMI module on an Advanced connected to a HD monitor with no quality issues at all.

I installed the HDMI module on my Phantom 4 Pro tonight and can't get the drone to connect at all when I turn it on. When I switch the module back to the original everything connects fine.

Does this sound like a bad hdmi module??? Anyone have any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20