Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

What is the DJI HDMI Output Module good for? Does it connect to a laptop and displays the FPV view?

Per DJI's website:
The HDMI Output Module for the Phantom 3 (Pro/Adv) can export 720P real-time images via an HDMI port. It can be used in broadcasting or video monitoring. It supports a double-screen display, and exports real-time images via the HDMI and USB ports. Live data of flight controls, video feedback and the aircraft’s battery levels can be exported via the HDMI Output Module.

See more details here.

Last edited:
Per DJI's website:
The HDMI Output Module for the Phantom 3 (Pro/Adv) can export 720P real-time images via an HDMI port. It can be used in broadcasting or video monitoring. It supports a double-screen display, and exports real-time images via the HDMI and USB ports. Live data of flight controls, video feedback and the aircraft’s battery levels can be exported via the HDMI Output Module.
But will it display on a laptop screen? Sorry if I'm being dense.
See more here:
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

I think its main use for many is to allow another person such as a director or client to see what you are shooting. It will also be interesting to see if another device will have less lag or signal loss than many tablets.

I will let u know. Ordered it and I have two Varizoom HDMI monitors that I use on my main cams.

Sent from my PT beating heart

The HDMI board will allow you to connect 720p capable goggles for FPV flying.

There is also less latency and CPU stutter on the video image since it is not being processed by a tablet / phone, etc.

:harry

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I think its main use for many is to allow another person such as a director or client to see what you are shooting. It will also be interesting to see if another device will have less lag or signal loss than many tablets.
This is exactly what I am going to use it for, I have a 7" LCD DSLR monitor with tri-pod mount and a built in pop out sun shade, it's a Viltrox DC-70 and the battery will run it for 3 hours if you use the NP-F960 7200 mAh and not the 2000 mAh that is standard. The screen is 4/3 or 16/9 and is VERY bright, but it is reflective so I got a anti-reflective screen cover for it. A small table top tri-pod works great in the hand or you could get a mono-pod. It even fits in my case with 2 batteries (Li-Ion).

This is exactly what I am going to use it for, I have a 7" LCD DSLR monitor with tri-pod mount and a built in pop out sun shade, it's a Viltrox DC-70 and the battery will run it for 3 hours if you use the NP-F960 7200 mAh and not the 2000 mAh that is standard. The screen is 4/3 or 16/9 and is VERY bright, but it is reflective so I got a anti-reflective screen cover for it. A small table top tri-pod works great in the hand or you could get a mono-pod. It even fits in my case with 2 batteries (Li-Ion).
Thanks for sharing-- great looking monitor -- I will be ordering one:)

No it wouldn't. This displays the same image on both screens, that's not how the OR works

Is this monitor battery powered? Does any one know of a larger type flat screen that is battery powered?

Is this monitor battery powered? Does any one know of a larger type flat screen that is battery powered?
I believe I listed the battery type, so yes, its battery or aux powered. The trouble is the larger the screen the more power you need, and you don't want to stand around holding a 22" monitor with a sunshade. A 7" bright monitor is plenty large enough, same as a iPad mini. As for a larger battery powered (usb power) monitor Google is your friend http://www.amazon.com/GeChic-2501C-...66289&sr=8-3&keywords=battery+powered+monitor

Last edited:
I believe I listed the battery type, so yes, its battery or aux powered. The trouble is the larger the screen the more power you need, and you don't want to stand around holding a 22" monitor with a sunshade. A 7" bright monitor is plenty large enough, same as a iPad mini. As for a larger battery powered (usb power) monitor Google is your friend http://www.amazon.com/GeChic-2501C-...66289&sr=8-3&keywords=battery+powered+monitor

Yeah good thanks I was looking to see what might be a reasonable portable setup for search and rescue efforts thanks

Yeah, you're right, but I think I found a good fpv goggle that will do the job: http://www.headplay.com

OK, can I buy these goggles in Europe or from the east (China)? when I buy from the US the customs always manages to absolutely hammer me with extra cost, whereas China they don't seem to bother so much.
thinking about upgrading from the ( V1.1.1 to the P3A) where I'm used to using goggles, (1st edition Fat Shark, not HDMI) so if I get the HDMI module will I be able to manage it without having to also buy a tablet, I can use my pc to set-up the P3A I presume.
I don't want to spend on a tablet if not necessary.
TIA

I've got the HeadPlay with Phanton 3 and Inspire 1 Radio and Ipad Air 2. I can use the HeadPlay with Phantom 3 but I have pixelisation on the screen. I see in Inspire forum, to fix the pixelisation, we have to turn off hdmi output and osd in app but don't have those option to turn off hdmi and osd.

I don't know how to fix this pixelisation.

I only have 1 output at a time. USB or HDMI not both at the same time.

I've got the HeadPlay with Phanton 3 and Inspire 1 Radio and Ipad Air 2. I can use the HeadPlay with Phantom 3 but I have pixelisation on the screen. I see in Inspire forum, to fix the pixelisation, we have to turn off hdmi output and osd in app but don't have those option to turn off hdmi and osd.

I don't know how to fix this pixelisation.

I only have 1 output at a time. USB or HDMI not both at the same time.

You can turn the HDMI output from the P3 and OSD on / off through the DJI Pilot app or the new DJI GO app. (I have tested the HDMI board with iOS app versions 1.1.2, 1.2.0, and the GO app.)

Try checking that your aspect ratio from the camera and the goggles are set to the same value (16:9 or 4:3). Also, the quality of your HDMI cable can effect the quality of the video image.

Good luck.

You can turn the HDMI output from the P3 and OSD on / off through the DJI Pilot app or the new DJI GO app. (I have tested the HDMI board with iOS app versions 1.1.2, 1.2.0, and the GO app.)

Try checking that your aspect ratio from the camera and the goggles are set to the same value (16:9 or 4:3). Also, the quality of your HDMI cable can effect the quality of the video image.

Good luck.

I don't have the hdmi board. I used the radio from the inspire 1.

I don't have the option to turn on/off the hdmi and osd. Maybe with the hdmi board the option is available or maybe I need to upgrade my app.

I am not a fan of update when everything works well

Thanks Harry for your help!.

I just upgrade to dji go and the option of HDMI output and OSD on/off is not available. I got the Inspire's Radio which has an HDMI output.

Does someone else have a phantom 3 with an Inspire's radio that can confirm that this option is not available in the app?

Reactions: Poundofnuts
I just upgrade to dji go and the option of HDMI output and OSD on/off is not available. I got the Inspire's Radio which has an HDMI output.

Does someone else have a phantom 3 with an Inspire's radio that can confirm that this option is not available in the app?
Man, I'm in the same situation as you. I have a phantom 3 pro and I purchased the HDMI board, installed it, and it doesn't work. I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of setting in the DJI GO application that I need to change to get the video to go to my iPad air 2 and my HDMI out as well. Does anyone have any input or experience with this? I feel like I just wasted $100 on the HDMI upgrade board that doesn't work. It would be nice if DJI would send some instructions with this stuff.

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik