Phantom 3 going crazy after firmware update

Reaction score
Long story short, P3 was working great when put on the shelf several months ago. Got it out today in to prep everything for a flight on Monday and wouldn't connect to DJI Go app after updating. Then updated firmware with the latest from DJI website. Everything was appeared to be done and got the success txt file. While sitting for a bit still not able to connect to the app, the camera began to go crazy. I decided to switch back to the older version of firmware. I inserted the sd card with the older version and the thing started producing what sounded like a fire alarm. The P3 is scheduled to fly Monday and don't have time to send it to DJI for repair (their solution to the problem). P3 has never been crashed and only been used two times. Can some one please help me or anyone located around Jackson Ms that could fix this thing ASAP?

After reading some, I finally just let the firmware reinstall with the gimbal going crazy and the fast beeps. Once the firmware was complete, the gimbal was still moving around like crazy but no more fire alarm type beeps. Any ideas?

Maybe try to see if the screw bellow is tight.
Capture.PNG

I just tried on mine but the camera act not the same way as your when the screw is not tight, sorry.
Did you have connection with the tablet ? If yes try to do a gimbal calibration.

Hi updated my firmware but left the nd filter on which unbalanced the camera. just checking you hadn't done the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi updated my firmware but left the nd filter on which unbalanced the camera. just checking you hadn't done the same thing?

You are right, Some ND/PL filters are more heavy than the UV filter from DJI and require more current to the motors to keep it in place. Maybe good to try with the original one.

The power of Christ compels you....The power of Christ compels you !!!!

Omg. Looks possessed!!!

Sorry man. I feel bad for you.
Do you have a friend that has the same unit perhaps you can try to swap out the gimbal and see if the problem is the firmware or the hardware. I don't know, this may seem like overkill, but you seem to have tried already to revert the firmware and all the other things you could've done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj