Phantom 3 Gimbal Clamp with Lens Cap

I have one that might slip over your lens cap and do a better job than the stock one. IView attachment 20810 View attachment 20811 know that's not saying much. here is the link to just the Gimbal Lock.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111685935307?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I got this off ebay and to be perfectly honest,I'm not liking it so much. PITA to get on,I feel like I'm going to break the gimbal getting it on and off . The remove before flight tag has a pretty large split ring that hangs down enough to wedge between the camera and whatever object your setting it on. Maybe I have it on wrong??

Did you use it with the lens cap inside the lock? It wold be loose with out the cap inside. I have test fit the lock to fit snug on the camera and gimbal top. Can you take a photo of where it's loose?
Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign
The lens cap portion of the lock is tight with the black insert. It's the part that grabs the gimbal base that is loose. You can see the gap in this photo, causes the gimbal to be able to rotate side to side freely.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435504943.215516.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture. I'll modify a lock on that top part and get it sent out to you tomorrow.
When did you buy the kit on eBay so I can look up the order to get you info?
Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture. I'll modify a lock on that top part and get it sent out to you tomorrow.
Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign
Hi Nathan, unfortunately I have the exact same problem. Camera lens is tight, but gimbal clamp is not and allows for gimbal movement. I ordered it on Jun 23, 2015, 11:41 PM CDT. First name on order is Eric. Thanks!

Any time. It's strange I just checked the fit again on my P3 Pro and it's tight even flexing slightly to fit on the top. I wonder if DJI has some slightly different sized parts out here???
Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2759.JPG

Hi Nathan, unfortunately I have the exact same problem. Camera lens is tight, but gimbal clamp is not and allows for gimbal movement. I ordered it on Jun 23, 2015, 11:41 PM CDT. First name on order is Eric. Thanks!
Hi,
Sorry about the fit. After the more I look into this I think DJI has slightly different size parts in the wild now. ??? I'll make a slightly smaller gimbal lock for the users that report a loose fit.
I'll get them shipped out right away.
Thanks again for your business.
Nathan
Milehighdesign
IMG_2760.JPG

Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign
Hi,
Sorry about the fit. After the more I look into this I think DJI has slightly different size parts in the wild now. ??? I'll make a slightly smaller gimbal lock for the users that report a loose fit.
I'll get them shipped out right away.
Thanks again for your business.
Nathan
Milehighdesign
View attachment 23342
Thanks for the quick response Nathan!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member