Phantom 3 gel filters

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I want to buy some filters for my P3P. I'm still beginner, and I don't have the money for some SRP or Polapro. But I want a efficient way to have better shots with some filters.
It seems the gel filters are the best thing. Low budget, good ish quality, and stackable for more ND options.

I've seen 2 good companies, http://www.phantomfilters.com and DJI Phantom 3 ND Filters and Accesories - Made in Chicago USA - DitzCo.

Phantom filters have a polarized filter who looks great (I 'm gonna shoot a lot of shot with snow during winter).
But Ditzco have a cool way to install it (with a ring system and no touch system) and a box to store them.

Can you guys tell me your feedback ?
Have you ever used them ?

Thanks

Xavier

I have the set you linked to above and they work pretty good. I like how you don't have to take the lens off to use these. I may decide to get the better ones in the future, but these work well for now.

I have the DitzCo filters and they are nice because you don't have to worry about getting fingerprints on the filters. If you want to go with gels, DitzCo is the best thing available design-wise right now.

So you don't use a polarized filter ?
How do you deal with the overload to the gimbal ? Counter balance ?

So you don't use a polarized filter ?
Never. The gels are super light, so there is no need to add a counterbalance.

Yep, you can make your own too. Again though, you're going to need to handle them -- and worry about keeping them clean since you'll be constantly touching the gels. It's really not worth the time needed to make them or the time spent keeping them clean.

Ok thanks for the tips @msinger . Polarized are not supposed to be good to avoid reflections ? Like snow shoots or with a lot of water ?

Polarized are not supposed to be good to avoid reflections?
Right. I don't use them because I never shoot over water or snow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20