Reaction score
I've been flying Phantom1 for a couple of years, and getting a P3A in next few weeks, so have been reading up but cannot find anything on this.

I am planning to do some video off a cliff, so will take off from top of cliff, then fly along cliff face (~10M below take off position), and hoped to use waypoints to recreate a path around some rock stacks to the beach.

I have read waypoints need minimum 10M/32ft height, so can this restriction be removed in settings for me to make this flight?

Also, any issues with flying below home position, with Phantom1s, I actually set home position 15M in the air (to ensure clearing cliff if signal loss), and flying below 'home altitude' works perfectly, but obviously its a lot more basic than the P3 and don't want to find out the hard way the motors will cut out when flying below ground level.

Thanks.

With Lithci it definitly works till -200m. If it helps you ;)

With Lithci it definitly works till -200m. If it helps you ;)

Not sure which version of Litchi you're using, but in 2.5.6 you can't set a way point altitude lower than 16' (5M). I know you can manually fly it lower than your home point altitude, but the OP wants to use way points.

Well, I was browsing through the latest version of Litchi, 2.6.0 and found a setting to allow you to set a way point to a lower altitude than the home point.

It is the "Minimum Selectable Altitude" setting.

I made a test way point route and it allowed me to set the altitude at one of the way points to -98'.

Screenshot_2015-11-16-12-38-36.png

I'm glad to hear this. I'm not concerned with setting waypoints, but was concerned with flying several hundred feet below the transmitter. Seems the bird does not block signal from reaching the antennae in the legs. Looking forward to some neat deep canyon sorties now. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic