image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 812
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 611
Looks more like a crash rather than a fly a way. unless it flew off and crashed! Sorry as I feal the pain....

Well hate to see your first post isn't a good one or just picture's of a Adv's busted camera :eek:
Welcome to the forum aerialwizard .

I have a slightly used Advanced camera up in the classified section if you need a quick replacement :)

Here is my initial post. For some reason I don't see it. I just see the pictures I posted.

Hey all, I'm fairly new to phantoms but recently picked up my phantom 3. After a few weeks and really getting a good grasp on everything and the rules, I was going to take some pictures of the blood moon. I did my preflight checklist and calibrated like usual and About 15 minutes in and having done nothing but sit in one spot and take stills my battery starts beeping at me. "Low battery, the aircraft will return home in 10 seconds." Mind you i was 380 feet above myself and 20 feet to the east, like normal I hit cancel and take the controls to land myself. Well when I tried moving towards myself I noticed it wasn't moving that fast. Maybe 3mph or so. It was coming down just fine but wouldn't let me move forwards or backwards. As a matter of fact it was moving away from me on its own and coming down at the same time. I was up on this hill where my folks live in the country and my worst night mare was happening. I could not control it! Slowly but surely I tried everything and with it getting farther away and over the tree line into the vast unknown and unseen I am in a panic. 10 percent battery hits and I'm no longer in site. Home button, turning off controller nothing worked, so I look on the map and switch to satellite map to see the area at which to "land" and hopefully land safe. Zoom in to a persons front yard where I see a very big empty yard. (This is in the country) and position to the best of my ability where I want this thing to go. I watch the altitude and wait as it slowly moves down and than, stops.... Disconnected. I jump in my car and follow my gps to where it said it last was. Once I get there I pull into this persons driveway and see it laying there with the camera and gimble in pieces. Luckily it landed about 20ft away from where i wanted it to but at least I found it. This was a terrifying night for me by the way. Contacted DJI the next day and they sent me a label and I shipped it away. Record time I might add and great customer service I got my phantom 3 back fixed to the whistle and ready to go in just under 2 weeks. The only downfall is I was a little disappointed that they didn't send me any diagnosed problem or what they fixed or anything. I really wanted to know what happened and if and what they found.

Anyways I thought I would share my story and maybe get some insight or thoughts or other stories as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20