Phantom 3 Floats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
For several months, I've been thinking about how to safely fly over the sea, I have been looking for some system of floats for Phantom 3 and I have not found anything, so I decided to make a flotation system to splash down and recover In case of an accident.
I leave a video link of the successfully performed tests done this weekend on Tamariu (Spain)

I hope you enjoy the video

How much does it weigh? 150 Grs aprox

How much loss in flight time due to weight increase?
The loss of flight time depends not so much for the weight , but for the wind during the flight , as the set offers little resistance this affecs battery life .
In the tests we have done, the duration of the battery is shortened from 10 to 15%

How stable in heavy swells?
In tidal waves stability depends on wave height , it is obviousthat it is not convenient landing it with many waves .
The concept is to land with calm seas and in case of failures during flight, recover the drone to make use of DJI guarantee or insurance in case of the insured drone.

How Durable?
The truth is that we have not validated the durability of the kit , but I'm sure it will be higher than the drone durability

Nice looking kit. Looks very well designed and thought out.

Please post here on this . Floats for PH-3 and PH-4
duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4