Phantom 3 Floats

this is my solution....................flying is oke...................landing on water ???

Attachments

• Drone2.jpg
    Drone2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,358
  • Drone1.jpg
    Drone1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,405
Most of my flying is over water. It's a great place to fly.
And very safe with no trees or most of the other problems encountered by Phantom flyers.
There's no way I'd strap any of those things onto my Phantom for a flight like this.
i-Cvr524p-M.png

Quoting from their sales page:
"Note: To make the FM1 water proof a coating of enamel (not supplied) is required to be sprayed over its structure. This is a concept 'beta' design and at this stage unproven. If you purchase this product we cannot guarantee that it will float or perform as advertised. We will continue to develop this product in the future." :eek:
He'll still take your money, though!:p

Last edited:
Then you 3d print the original post skids and you really are teabagging. Maybe you could TM this before somebody else and hit the market with a new "dronesack" product, it'll be a bigger hit than trucknuts

Looks more like snowshoes or the clogs a little Dutch boy might wear to stay above the mud.
Good try though.... keep designing and posting them here as your ideas are interesting.

There are plenty of options, for thee adventurous types. Like you.

Guys full of hot air will especially like this design. Haha, go blow. ;-)
image.jpg

Just get on the ball and figure something out. ;-)
image.jpg

Please Show us how talented you can be. Wicked Grin

RedHotPoker

I always attach 2 of the getterback systems - it's not going to float the Phantom however depending on the depth of the water, at least the location of it can be found and perhaps something can be salvaged... (tough wood).

Home
I lost one of the early Parrot AR 2.0 drones to a flyaway, when it got out of wifi range and just drifted away downwind in the dusk of the evening, as I watched in horror, as it first drifted over the RR tracks, and then over the 10 lane freeway, and then disappeared behind an apartment building, likely landing in tall reeds in a riverbed on the other side of the street, all the while maintaining its above ground height of 100 feet, which avoided all obstacles. I spent weeks looking for it, because I wanted the SD card of the "epic" flight over the freeway! The drone itself would have been ruined in several rainstorms shortly after. Long story short, after replacing it, I found out in a second flyaway, which I managed to recover, that the video recording stops as soon as it flies out of WiFi range. So, even if I had found it, nothing useful would have been on the SD card anyway! Now, with the P3P, I fly over that same flyaway route on a near daily basis, crossing the freeway to get to the saltwater bay on the other side, all in 4K video, instead of crappy 720p!:cool: P3P rocks and always comes home!:DKnock on wood...:eek:

Last edited:
I have posted these before, but for those who have not seen them...

Attachments

• phantom2.jpg
    phantom2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 728
  • quad with floats.jpg
    quad with floats.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,544
Reactions: JimPierceJr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads