Phantom 3 Firmware to match Phantom 4 for some of the features.

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone heard if maybe DJI might be pushing out a new firmware update and Pilot app for Phantom 3 since I believe some of the new features would work just like on the Phantom 4. Since the camera is doing the tracking of the subject and not the sensors then why could they not do a firmware update on the Phantom 3 and App to do the same thing as the Phantom 4:
Fly with Touch
Visual Tracking

Anybody hear if those might be updated on Phantom 3 I know the avoidance system will not work but if you have a open area and set your height right why would it matter.

I have no direct info, but processors and processing speed may come into play with those features.. The P3 may not have enough processing power to do it....

Just wondering if anyone heard if maybe DJI might be pushing out a new firmware update and Pilot app for Phantom 3 since I believe some of the new features would work just like on the Phantom 4. Since the camera is doing the tracking of the subject and not the sensors then why could they not do a firmware update on the Phantom 3 and App to do the same thing as the Phantom 4:
Fly with Touch
Visual Tracking

Anybody hear if those might be updated on Phantom 3 I know the avoidance system will not work but if you have a open area and set your height right why would it matter.

processors and processing speed may come into play with those features.. The P3 may not have enough processing power to do it...
That's my guess too.

The camera is not doing the tracking, but I'm sure they have a separate mcu board that is processing the camera image for the tracking.

A p3 alternative is the vertical app, that is doing exactly that but that means that tracking is only by the tethered app and mcu from the phone/tablet.

We will know for sure if tracking on the p4 still works when the app connection is terminated, then it is processed onboard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4