Phantom 3 fell out the sky whilst flying

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help? My 3 fell out the sky whilst flying hit the ground, then tried to fly off before I could get to it. As it fell to the ground I received the following messages. Gimball gyroscope error, compass error and hardware malfunction. Within hours of this happening my flight logs had vanished and I can't retrieve them. DJI currently have my 3 and say there is nothing they can do as it "wasn't in the air" when it crashed. They aren't making any sense, won't answer what the error messages mean and have sent me a graph that means nothing to me. Has anyone had the same problem as I am losing my patience with them!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 673
  • image.png
    image.png
    529.5 KB · Views: 522
The impact might have caused the gimbal error when the camera hit the ground. As for the compass, i'm going to guess there was some strong interference in the area causing it to try to fly off after it hit the ground. did it fall out of the sky near your homepoint? was your battery fully charged before you initially took off?

The impact might have caused the gimbal error when the camera hit the ground. As for the compass, i'm going to guess there was some strong interference in the area causing it to try to fly off after it hit the ground. did it fall out of the sky near your homepoint? was your battery fully charged before you initially took off?

Hi
Thanks for your comments, the battery was charged and no interference was noted but yes it did fall near my home point.
DJI have the phantom and are saying it was flying when it crashed on the floor which is obviously confusing to say the least. They are refusing to repair under warranty which I am obviously not happy about, and trying to seek other advise

You didn't put the sticks down and to the middle (like you do to start the props before flight) while it was flying did you? I read where that is an emergency stop and will turn the props off while in the air.

You didn't put the sticks down and to the middle (like you do to start the props before flight) while it was flying did you? I read where that is an emergency stop and will turn the props off while in the air.

If you do this in the flight sim ...it drops like a stone!

Mine just fell while RTH today. Noticed one of the props missing and found undamaged 20 meters away. Similar ?

If you do this in the flight sim ...it drops like a stone!
Yeah, I know. That's what it's supposed to do. It's a built-in emergency stop, but not everyone knows that. He said his quad fell out of the sky, so that's why I asked if he made that move with the sticks. [emoji106]

Reactions: Musicman666
Mine just fell while RTH today. Noticed one of the props missing and found undamaged 20 meters away. Similar ?
Bella yours sounds like you had a prop fly off. The one prop may of not been tighten down enough and a change in direction or speed caused it to unscrew. If you look that is one of the top ten causes of crash with a phantom. another is a CSC
TOP 10 common pilot errors

Reactions: gvsukids

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj