Phantom 3 fell from the sky and crushed the roof of a moving car

Can you repair a deform roof or is it a total lost ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did not realize there would be so many questions about my story.

My intention was to warn of the danger. Warn that if I had not found the owner drone the owner of the car would have to pay the damage alone.

We need to force the registration of aircraft for each purchased drone has pilot identification. He must pay for damages.

Reactions: 43k and GoodnNuff
It looks like the roof was already dented because you can see where the motors hit the car pretty clearly and it's inside a bigger dent.

The quad would have one point of impact...not across the entire roof
Seriously, do you have ANY experience with accident reconstruction?
Or are you simply inventing theories that support your denial?

Go to RCgroups.com and search for RC planes hitting cars. Look at some of the photos and see what damage a dense foam or balsa wood plane can do to a car's body when they impact at high speed. Search AMA's records as well for photos of insurance claims they've had to pay out for the same.

I did not realize there would be so many questions about my story.

My intention was to warn of the danger. Warn that if I had not found the owner drone the owner of the car would have to pay the damage alone.

We need to force the registration of aircraft for each purchased drone has pilot identification. He must pay for damages.
I'm sure most folks believe you. This a very skeptical group here for some reason. I thought I was skeptical until I got here.
I think someone should jump in their pedal car & roll on to a different thread.

At last people who believe! Talking to the owner of the car and her brother they did not seem bad people. They seem to be decent people.

They were too frightened by what happened.

The video recorder on Phantom 3 drone does NOT record sound. Why is there sound on your video on dropbox? Why doesn't the video continue until it hits the car?

Seriously, do you have ANY experience with accident reconstruction?
Or are you simply inventing theories that support your denial?

Go to RCgroups.com and search for RC planes hitting cars. Look at some of the photos and see what damage a dense foam or balsa wood plane can do to a car's body when they impact at high speed. Search AMA's records as well for photos of insurance claims they've had to pay out for the same.
How does a less than a two foot quad weighing less than 2 lbs hitting a four foot wide roof with one impact create that kind of damage. It wasn't even at terminal velocity. I see absolutely nothing that says a quad hit it no matter how it fell. The roof is curved up which gives it strength so it's stronger than a flat roof section. And yes, I have worked with metal structures and welding for over 40 years so I do have a clue.

The video recorder on Phantom 3 drone does NOT record sound. Why is there sound on your video on dropbox? Why doesn't the video continue until it hits the car?
The video I posted was recorded with his cell phone and sent by whatsapp. One filmed the computer screen.

How does a less than a two foot quad weighing less than 2 lbs hitting a four foot wide roof with one impact create that kind of damage. It wasn't even at terminal velocity. I see absolutely nothing that says a quad hit it no matter how it fell. The roof is curved up which gives it strength so it's stronger than a flat roof section. And yes, I have worked with metal structures and welding for over 40 years so I do have a clue.

Model Aircraft Insurance | Rookie RC Flyer

Plane hits parked car - RC Groups

And I've spent 40 years working in emergency rooms and witnessed the damage something far less than 2lbs can inflict when it hits bone (whether skull or long bones) at high speed. Bones are a bit more resilient than the metal skin on most cars.

You realize, I hope, that the reason the FAA wants anything over 0.55 lbs registered is because of one reason only - the potential an object has, even a half pound object, when it impacts a person, car, or building. Read up on it.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
That is the purpose of the topic.

This was the first time I saw it happen and just in my city where there should be no more than 30 drones.

Every passing day we see more drones in the sky and fewer rules. For a fatal accident happened not long.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Model Aircraft Insurance | Rookie RC Flyer

Plane hits parked car - RC Groups

And I've spent 40 years working in emergency rooms and witnessed the damage something far less than 2lbs can inflict when it hits bone (whether skull or long bones) at high speed. Bones are a bit more resilient than the metal skin on most cars.

You realize, I hope, that the reason the FAA wants anything over 0.55 lbs registered is because of one reason only - the potential an object has, even a half pound object, when it impacts a person, car, or building. Read up on it.
You can't compare a jet powered rc plane flying into something with a quad falling straight down. Also the plane that hit the car had a metal glo fuel engine on the front. Most likely with a metal spinner. The one into the house...most houses like that now are a light stucco over a foam back. Easy to penetrate.

You can't compare a jet powered rc plane flying into something with a quad falling straight down. Also the plane that hit the car had a metal glo fuel engine on the front. Most likely with a metal spinner. The one into the house...most houses like that now are a light stucco over a foam back. Easy to penetrate.

A Piper Cub Jet???

Wait, you believe that?

Again, do you have ANY experience with accident reconstruction?

Metal spinner bored a hole? What? I wait to hear your expertise?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj