Phantom 3 ESC Status Error. Motherboard repair.

ESC status failure

• Experienced

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Never happened

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
I checked with the RMA manager when I was at the repair facility.

They are doing what many shops are doing taking brand new P3's and parting them out and making double on them..
Is that under warranty or without warranty???

Ugh.. I just sent my P3P in for the 2nd time. When I received it back from repair after a crash, it had the ESC status error. Didn't appear that they tested it before sending it back. Sounds like it will need a new motherboard based on this thread.
I replaced my board and checked it to see if flew and it did. However I also needed a couple of updates. After the udates is when I started getting this error. Sometimes it will start up but, more often will not and this error comes up...I'm wondering if it's more of a software glitch.

Boards with ESC error can be repaired we fix them everyday ... Just not ESC errors replace Flight controllers and more .. chek us out ... jogjasky.com

Reactions: socalhusker
that was then, this is now,
and $129 is for standard P3 not pro or advanced

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 08.48.23.png

Colleges, recently my Phantom 3 Pro had suffered the damage after hitting the tree and falling down from the height of about 4 meters.
After the crash "ESC status error appeared" on the DJI Pilot App.
Local service said that replacement of complete motherboard is required.
Well known is that P2 has separate ESC controllers that are exchangeable.
I'm wondering if motherboard here on P3 could be repaired on the component level i.e. replacing some electronic components, MCBs etc.
Lets try some technical discussion :)

Mine fell 20feet onto concrete. Several errors. It wouldn't even boot up. Soldered the black box back in place which completely broke loose and solved the data error by changing the SD card. Perfect now. Ordered online just in case I couldn't fix it.
Helidirect on eBay 149 ships worldwide. Just got mine for p3a

Mine fell 20feet onto concrete. Several errors. It wouldn't even boot up. Soldered the black box back in place which completely broke loose and solved the data error by changing the SD card. Perfect now. Ordered online just in case I couldn't fix it.
Helidirect on eBay 149 ships worldwide. Just got mine for p3a
it's $269 on their site.
where did you find it for $149? unless it's used "as-is"

What is the fuss about burned esc fets and need to change the whole PCB? I made quick googling and found those P3 ESC mosfets for US $0.80 / piece (US $4.0 /lot of 5).
AO6504 6504 SMT QFN package MOS FET

With some soldering skills it shouldn't be a problem to change those esc fets... after all we are not talking about high pitch IC's with 80 legs :)

Most ESC failures Ive seen (not phantom related, but they work the same) dont destroy just the mosfets, but also the PCB. Of course its worth a shot, especially if the PCB looks fine, its just not guaranteed to work.

So I have a p3p and is had a second error n I cut it off n back on n flew it a while n in video looks like the right to motors stoped n too a right fast descend into trees I have replaceds the outer shell n gimbal tape but still have a esc error any suggestions.....?..

Lets try some technical discussion :)

Ha ha,.. man can dream. Anyway:

I'm wondering if motherboard here on P3 could be repaired on the component level i.e. replacing some electronic components, MCBs etc.

With a donor board - definitely. Without a donor - well, depends on what got broken. There is a microcontroller in each ESC circuit, and it would have to be programmed. Doable, just noone tried that. Anyway, there is much higher chance of motor, MOSFET or 3-phase driver being damaged.

Would it make any sence buying P2 ESC PCB, comparing with the components of P3 "Part 33 ESC Center Board & MC" and further identifying/replacing faulty components.

I don't think there's much common area betweem Ph2 and Ph3 ESC. Every chip is different, driving method is different, voltage is different.

Anyway, for diagnosing such issue:

1. Get DAT log from the drone. Figure out which ESC is faulty from the log. Also, you may share which error flags were set - we would like to find out what the flags mean.
2. Desolder the affected motor. Measure resistance on both motor coil and the MOSFET outputs. If one is different - you have your cause.
3. If MOSFET and motor are not an issue, you'll have to make detailed diagnosis based on available schematics.

And available info and schematics:
o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

EDIT: Oops, I did it again. Answered a 3yo post.

Here's more recent one:
Professional - ESC error P3P firmware or physical issue?

Last edited:
DJI_0013.MOV here is flight video of what happened also i have ordered the v2 board n the 2312a motors to match the board...... just waznt sure if dji would help out any so i decided to try fix it myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik