Phantom 3 ESC Status Error. Motherboard repair.

ESC status failure

• Experienced

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Never happened

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
that's good,
people have an option to send it to DJI and wait or get it fixed in couple days, that's all i am saying and i get it if DJI charges only so much for the
repair but at the same time some can not wait for 2 months to get their birds back because their business may rely on their income or for whatever reason.
hence why some of us provide the service we do, that's all.

Seems like a good argument why DJI should sell spare parts direct. Then we wouldn't need this conversation.

Seems like a good argument why DJI should sell spare parts direct. Then we wouldn't need this conversation.

Its not a user serviceable part. It would void your warranty if replaced by anyone other than dji.

Its not a user serviceable part. It would void your warranty if replaced by anyone other than dji.
Understood Blade, but wouldn't a crash automatically void the warranty anyway?

Reactions: Apilot101
Easy fix.... I have a reflow station. I would need to keep those fets in stock, when I get the first board with burned fets in I will look them up and offer this repair. $125 should cover it easily.

Jeremy

Hopefully fet's details will not be kept secret and repair/ serviceability of our Phantoms will become much easier. In the meantime i have purchased the new board, and once installed will have opportunity to dig in the old one.
Anyone knows, replacing the motherboard requires any DJI help or can be done without.
As I understand only re soldering of the motors is required!?

Hopefully fet's details will not be kept secret and repair/ serviceability of our Phantoms will become much easier. In the meantime i have purchased the new board, and once installed will have opportunity to dig in the old one.
Anyone knows, replacing the motherboard requires any DJI help or can be done without.
As I understand only re soldering of the motors is required!?

go to facebook and find a group called UAV Repair Shop
click join and i will add you... detailed pictures about replacing the main board are there.
i just posted them couple days ago when i replaced a main board for the customer

Pictures not really give an answer. Once replaced, does the motherboard require any kind of programming? Or just the hardware works?

Maybe the offer was with the MC? I saw one offer yesterday in a german web shop for the mainbaord + MC, does that mean the flight controller ?

No, all one unit.

So here, the dealer has it for 438 Euros, is that the normal price? 438 Euro for a bad ESC?
http://droneparts.de/DJI-Phantom-3-...er-Board---MC--Pro-Adv--Ersatzteil-Nr-33.html

This is why I made the point yesterday. I don't want people thinking this was the norm. These dealers that are parting out p3's imho are not helping anyone. You can buy a complete new airframe minus gimbal for $600. It's highway robbery if you ask me..

But if people continue to pay these prices they will continue to sell at these prices. Imho if you going to pay $350-400 for a board just buy a whole new advance and part it out yourself, you will be money ahead.

This is why I made the point yesterday. I don't want people thinking this was the norm. These dealers that are parting out p3's imho are not helping anyone. You can buy a complete new airframe minus gimbal for $600. It's highway robbery if you ask me..

But if people continue to pay these prices they will continue to sell at these prices. Imho if you going to pay $350-400 for a board just buy a whole new advance and part it out yourself, you will be money ahead.
It is not that simple. For advanced you pay 1000 and then after removal of the main board you'll have 4 pcs of motors - 80$. And one GPS board which is 100$. Shell is 60-80$. So totally 260-300. Advanced camera and gimbal 400. Motherboard 350-400. RC - hardly someone will buy.
Doesn't look so much profitable...
And the last. For the pilots considering the future repairs by themselves buying complete unit might be benefitial also due to instant availability of all parts at hand.
However if we talk about repairs on smd level we see completely different level of expenses.

It is not that simple. For advanced you pay 1000 and then after removal of the main board you'll have 4 pcs of motors - 80$. And one GPS board which is 100$. Shell is 60-80$. So totally 260-300. Advanced camera and gimbal 400. Motherboard 350-400. RC - hardly someone will buy.
Doesn't look so much profitable...
And the last. For the pilots considering the future repairs by themselves buying complete unit might be benefitial also due to instant availability of all parts at hand.
However if we talk about repairs on smd level we see completely different level of expenses.

Recheck those numbers as you forgot a few things. $1000 for an advanced. Then disassemble and you have the following. ESC main board $399 4 motors $72 4 sets of 9450 props $24 GPS module $159 compass module $15 OFDM receiver module $299 power port module $10 body shell $59 camera and gimbal $409 vibration dampers $8 gimbal clamps $5 vision positioning module $95 landing gear $12 wiring harnesses $14 antenna set(4) $20 battery $149 57w charger $39 remote controller $590 mobile device holder $30 for a grand total of $2408
All prices listed were compiled from the best listed in the first 2 pages of bing search results. Given 2 hours to disassemble while drinking coffee and watching tv and another hour to package one could double their money and still get paid $136 an hour to disassemble and package. So to me at least it looks quite profitable

Reactions: blade strike
Some dealers may have been parting out new units in the beginning but based on the availability of units back then I doubt it. The main board is available for dealers to order. The set retail price in Canada is 550. That's probably around the 400usd mark. Those are for brand new main boards not parted out units.

Easy fix.... I have a reflow station. I would need to keep those fets in stock, when I get the first board with burned fets in I will look them up and offer this repair. $125 should cover it easily.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Have you been sucessful with this repair?
Have you taken any pics of burnt fets etc how to identify etc.

Thanks Andreas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl