Phantom 3 engine overload

Reaction score
Has anybody ever received an engine over load warning and it also say speed will decrease?

Reactions: mhuilker
Sorry I wasted your time Rodpad. I did that first but only saw articles on motor gimbal overload and that wasn't my issue[emoji33][emoji57][emoji6]

Reactions: RodPad
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Yeah I got that warning any time I hang fireworks from my P3P --- 2 packs of 400-round "lady fingers" weighs around one pound total so I get the warning after about 8 or 9 minutes of hovering :(

The drone I sent to DJI for a cracked body repair never gave me that warning and I owned it for 10 months. They gave me a different drone back and now I'm always getting the warning that's why I asked.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. More so a safety setting for the copter if anything. I've flown 3 times since the warning and no issue. Day I did get the warning though it was really windy

The drone I sent to DJI for a cracked body repair never gave me that warning and I owned it for 10 months. They gave me a different drone back and now I'm always getting the warning that's why I asked.
Hum, so far for me it is just the two batteries that came with used advanced. I will be watching / comparing the good and the bad. :eek:

Rod

I had seen it a couple of times on my P3S, but it was cold, I thought the battery may have been to cold, and yes very windy. I kind of forgot about those two times.

P3A, does it anytime I increase altitude on those two batteries, so I'm really trying to figure out the good / bad of these batteries.

The batteries that came with the P3A have marks of 2 and 3, so what happen to battery 1?

Maybe it was sold as a good battery?

Rod

I have seen motor overload warnings twice; both times while holding the bird by the landing gear and trying to facilitate a er, ah, non approved shutdown technique.

Did they send you a new or a refurb?

I have seen motor overload warnings twice; both times while holding the bird by the landing gear and trying to facilitate a er, ah, non approved shutdown technique.
Thanks, Idea I will a find a weight to pull against for testing. ;)

Better than that find a hanging scale, like to weigh fish, screws, nails, etc. Attach to the ground, table, etc. :)

You could also watch heat levels from the motors with non contact temperature tester.
Or attach some temp probes to the motors with a meter like this.
DT304 | UEi Test Measurement Tools

Except the air coming from the props would be misleading for the actual temperature of motors. :rolleyes:

Rod

I have this same warning but only happens on one of my batteries...so I was flying it with my battery info up on the screen going from 50m to 125m and into the slight wind this was loading the motors and battery giving it all..
Noticed one cell go red for a moment no warning I think 4.2v did it a couple of times more then 2 cells into red then that warning came up...so it must be a certain voltage drop this battery is just under 100 charges and I've flown nearly 300 flights so I'm going to ditch this battery not taking risks..
For memory theses warnings started at around 95% so a fully charged battery...
Flew battery to10% then hoovered down to 2% and landed fully charged it again and still same result
100 charges out of this battery I'm pretty happy with that time to get another..

It must have been introduced in a previous firmware update as a safety feature as mine never said it then I noticed it a few times after updating.

I've had it twice both times I was doing an away and up shot where you frame yourself and then fly backwards and upwards, it took about 30 seconds before it appeared, never happened flying forward and away though.

I could get it to do it in all directions except down not much power doing that...yes a safety feature it is when your battery drops voltage in a couple of cells this kicks in...I was amazed to see how often the battery cells went into the red while flying.Just showed me time to replace old battery..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic