Phantom 3 doesn't save gimbal settings

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My phantom 3 gimbal is now set to 30º up pitch and I don't like it. I power the remote and the P3 on and I go to desactivate this setting and then turn all off. When I turn it back on the setting was not saved and the gimbal is still 30º up able..

Any idea what to do ?

Hi guys!

My phantom 3 gimbal is now set to 30º up pitch and I don't like it. I power the remote and the P3 on and I go to desactivate this setting and then turn all off. When I turn it back on the setting was not saved and the gimbal is still 30º up able..

Any idea what to do ?
Did you make the setting change with the P3P on and connected to the RC through the DJI GO app? This setting is undoubtedly stored on the P3P, and not in the app. The P3P needs to be on and connected to the app for the change to be saved. Hope that's all it is...

Ipad mini 3
Well, at least we are both in the same iOS universe with the same DJI GO app, instead of Android on any number of devices. I would try a couple of things. Kill the app and restart it. Try making the change with the P3 in flight. Is yours the P3P or P3A? Just curious, why don't you like the additional 30° capability? I use mine all the time to look up at objects when flying below them. It's potentially dangerous, as you could fly into them, but also gives a unique perspective when flying low over the ground or water, and is really cool for lightning strikes!

It's the P3P. Actually I never tried but the thing is that If we exceed only a little this point by error we are having the props in sight and it can ruin our shots.. But you're right I'll try it next time to see how I like it. In fact my drone is brand new, i've flown it only 3 times. Thanks for the suggestions, i'll try what you told me to do!

You bring up a good point. Having recently enabled the extra 30% gimbal elevation, I am now seeing the props in extreme forward accelleration, when I rarely did before. I also have the P3P, and will try to revert mine back to 90° only, and see if I have the same issue. The workaround will be to pay more attention to not exceeding the 90° horizontal angle of the gimbal, which I must have been doing without realizing it. I believe the DJI GO app shows the degree of gimbal elevation along the right side, even if using the gimbal control wheel on the RC. Sure did make the video impressive when flying 25 feet above the water at 35 mph, along the shore breaking waves, except for the visible props!:cool:

Just changed mine between 90° and 120° with just the P3P battery on in the P3P, while connected to the DJI GO app. No issues doing so, and I tested the functionality as well, with both the gimbal elevation roller on the RC and the touch screen version in the app. Each bar in the app is 10°, and at 90°, there is a red bar, so, even if you are stuck in 120° max for now, it's easy to monitor at all times, so you don't exceed 90°, if that is your preference. My 120° setting with the green toggle colored green in the app had been reset to 90° by the last updates, so good that I rechecked it. That means props will still show at 90° gimbal elevation when flying forward at full speed.

Everything is ok! I changed the setting durins my flight yesturday evening and this morning did a quick check and it was like I had set it. Thanks for your help and I'll try a flight with the 30º on to see how I like it. [emoji108]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan