Phantom 3 Crash Near The Smoky Mountains

Reaction score
I experienced what I believe is a prop failure on my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced in Gatlinburg, TN. NEAR but NOT at the Smoky Mountains National Park. I had several successful flights throughout the week and a total of 327 flights total on this P3 frame. I was flying DJI Carbon Fiber props when it went down and one of the props was broken at the hub...

Fortunatley I was able to track it down and recover it. It actually had minimal damage believe it or not and the only real damage was a cracked arm. The gimbal, motors and camera all work fine and I actually lifted off for a flight and it worked.

I put together a video showing some scene of earlier that day along with the crash and recovery (complete with dramatic music)

Crash stars at 0:52

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: AixMotion
use some plast-aid to fix the cracked arm and call it good. Glad you were able to find it.

Was the missing portion of the prop nearby? If so it probably wasn't a prop failure. ESC or motor failure would have produced the same crash too. Just a couple more things to checkout as you make her airworthy again. Good job finding it!

I bought a P3Pro and will be parting out the Advance..
Awesome! Good luck with the P3P. It's amazing you can get the Pro for $200 cheaper that what I originally paid the my Advanced.

I like the dramatic music as you jump in the car to find it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic